Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Nothing doing Sunday

Good morning everyone

The sun is shining the birds are singing the Peacocks are sounding like a cat in trouble and there is not a breath of wind so it looks like it will be another hot day with the temperature now at 18 degrees.

Plans for today are looking for things not to do and when we find them we will leave them for another day, lunch will be Pork slices with fresh garden peas, baby carrots and new potatoes at home and a relaxing afternnon with Napoleon and Mr Walker.

Have a good day and enjoy it whatever you do.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Re: Nothing doing Sunday

Sun in the sky and 33c already, it's gonna be another hot one.
Off out on the bike shortly before it gets too hot.
Then watch the finish of the TdF this afternoon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Good Sunday morning everyone a lovely blue sky this morning and not too warm,fresh feeling. May do a bit of gardening, in spite of the lack of rain the weeds still manage to grow.

Have also got another bird to bury they frequently fly into the sitting room windows poor things.

Have a peaceful and pleasant day one and all...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Great start here and just back from walking Oscar around Major Oak.

Next is loading up the caravan and checking over the systems prior to our trip away to the coast tomorrow, an easy lunch out of the freezer and then relax in the garden with a book this afternoon methinks.

Have a smashing day and enjoy the summer weather...

Barry
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 09:35 AM

Happy Sunday everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 10:26 AM

Good morning all the sun is also shining in the SW, hope it'll warm up this afternoon from the present 16ºC.

Plans for today are pottering in the garden and relaxing.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Nice warm bright sunny day....and rapidly running out of excuses of how to get out of doing the garden. Rather go for a nice drive and take some piccys.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Well folks, just back from a 37 km ride, BUT at 17 km from home had a bit of a nasty off.
I'm now getting quite sore and aching.
I have grazes down both legs and arms and knuckles of left hand, may have cracked a rib on my left side, some soreness on my right shoulder/neck. Also have cuts and bruising over my left eye on nose (in the shape of my glasses). In fact the eye is starting to close up, think I'm going to end up with a black eye. Good job I wear a helmet, because the left side is quite marked.
Hey Ho! the joys of Mountain Biking.
How did it happen I hear you say?..................I was cycling along a track with a gravel surface, and some men were working in a field to the right. They had a 50mm pipe across the track pumping water. It wasn't at right angles. I thought it would give when I went over it, but it didn't. As it was at an angle the front wheel just left me. Also I was 'clipped' in the pedals at the time.
My fault, should have unclipped slowed down and 'bunny hopped' it at right angles.
The guys working in the field were quite good, all came to see if I was ok, and gave me water and kitchen roll to clean the wounds.
Think it's some painkillers and rest for the remainder of the day.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Oh dear, well you can watch Tde F this afternoon knowing how they feel when they crash, I have to admit it sort of brings a bit of interest to me a good crash, used to watch the speedway racing for the same thing. Sorry though hope you soon feel better.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain

24-07-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Oh dear, well you can watch Tde F this afternoon knowing how they feel when they crash, I have to admit it sort of brings a bit of interest to me a good crash, used to watch the speedway racing for the same thing. Sorry though hope you soon feel better.
Thanx..............those riders on the Tour de France are well 'ard, but then again, they are 40 years younger than me.
My daughter has suggested that I perhaps trade the bike for a Mobility Scooter................cheeky mare

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top