Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 07:29 AM

Another warm Saturday

Good morning all

It is going to be another warm day today, 14 degrees with the sun well over the yardarm and not a cloud in the sky, birds sunning themselves and having baths like there is no tomorrow.

A lovely walk this morning with mother natures creatures, rabbits, foxes, Squirrels etc, out enjoying themselves before the humans venture out into their playground and spoil things for them. Two Pheasants were following us around the fields so we were wondering if we were getting to close to a nest.

No plans for today as it is grand Prix week-end so just relaxation and a couple of drinks.

Have a great day and take care it is a cruel world out there.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Re: Another warm Saturday

14c, wow you've really hit the big time, if it was that cold here we'd all be wearing coats and scarves.

Grand Prix, if I feel the need for a nap, I'll put that on, that will send me to sleep. Otherwise I will be watching some REAL action on ITV4, the Tour de France finish.
Those guys are amazing, if I go over a bump in the road I get a burn in the quads, but they are standing up on the pedals for miles on end. The really are the fittest of athletes.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Mornin all . . . sunny Saturday . . . yeeehaaa . . . . I'll take the dogs swimming this afternoon . . . however, the forecast tonight is we may get a frost.

Where's the global warming brigade ? . . . . all sitting in font of their fires no doubt.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Morning everyone the sun is shining and washing drying on the line so hope to have it ironed by lunch time.

Chloe is walked fed and watered and has retired to lay in the sun .

I hope you all have a lovely day
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 09:14 AM

Morning everyone.

Off on our travels again on Monday, to the east coast for a few days, so I'm off to get the caravan out of storage shortly so we can get it ready for the trip.

Grand Prix? sorry, much too busy as it's my turn to watch the lawn grow....

Have a great day,

Barry
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Good morning & a happy weekend everyone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Good morning all, Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. My two Grandsons are coming home today and I'm looking forward to seeing them, we missed them terrible.
Have a great weekend Folks and take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Afternoon everyone, the sun is shining ..... it's a boootiful day!

We were 'baby-sitting' our grandchildren last night while their mum and dad were at a birthday celebration party. We spent the evening playing on the wii with them and they went to bed as good as gold at 9.00pm. Mum and dad returned at 12.30am so it was gone 1.00am before we got home!

Have an enjoyable day all!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Greetings from hot Washington: we made 38 C (102 F) yesterday, a 30 year record! Not as warm today, only 31 C (87 F) now about half past 10. Got my mail and grass for Leia; waiting for a visit this afternoon from a tech guy who's going to help me with some things I can't seem to fix with this new computer.

Have a good weekend, people!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
14c, wow you've really hit the big time, if it was that cold here we'd all be wearing coats and scarves.

Grand Prix, if I feel the need for a nap, I'll put that on, that will send me to sleep. Otherwise I will be watching some REAL action on ITV4, the Tour de France finish.
Those guys are amazing, if I go over a bump in the road I get a burn in the quads, but they are standing up on the pedals for miles on end. The really are the fittest of athletes.
I love watching the tour, I have watched every stage, the last two being very exceptional but what I can not understand is why dont they race on the last day. I know they say it is by tradition and is classed as a lap of honour, if that is so, then why such a long lap 95K, why not just the last 8 laps round the Champs - Elysees?
It is like declaring a leading athelete champion on the next to last lap in a 10,000m race.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top