Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:19 AM

Unexpected gift!

When I came home from my friend's house last night there was a small package waiting for me. Came through the post - label looks like an Amazon label - but - I had not ordered anything. Double checked the label - definitely addressed to me.

Opened it and found - a lovely little wooden heart - 10cms by 11cms - bearing the message "We laugh, we cry, we make time fly. Best friends are we - my mum and me!" But there was no note to say who had sent it - or why.

Most of my friends know that 'my mum and me' were a long way from being best friends - from the day I was born we could barely tolerate each other.

Anyway is a lovely gift - and I would so like to thank whoever sent it - but how do I find out who it is from?

Have any of you ever had an unexplained gift - and were you able to track down the sender?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Re: Unexpected gift!

That sounds a lovely gift ST

I have had many unexpected gifts over the years starting with my first dog Bunny. The manager of the first kennel in which I worked went to London and I looked after her 2 personal dogs while she was away. On her return, she said there was a present in the car for me and I went to look expecting chocolates and found a Miniature Schnauzer puppy

Another time my husband said he had a little gift for me and to close my eyes, he took my hand and led me outside to where a little car was parked. I was so shocked when he handed me the keys and said it was mine. I was 6 months pregnant, had not yet past my driving test and did so a month later
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That sounds a lovely gift ST

I have had many unexpected gifts over the years starting with my first dog Bunny. The manager of the first kennel in which I worked went to London and I looked after her 2 personal dogs while she was away. On her return, she said there was a present in the car for me and I went to look expecting chocolates and found a Miniature Schnauzer puppy

Another time my husband said he had a little gift for me and to close my eyes, he took my hand and led me outside to where a little car was parked. I was so shocked when he handed me the keys and said it was mine. I was 6 months pregnant, had not yet past my driving test and did so a month later
How lovely, Meg! At least, on both occasions, you knew who to to thank!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:38 AM

What lovely presents ....I had a surprise party thrown for me once ...that was fun but I sort of sussed it.... the only real surprise was flowers delivered to my door on my 18th birthday...a massive bouquet and to this day I still have no idea who they were from.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:39 AM

Tabs....maybe it was someone from here? We need to get our thinking caps on
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:41 PM

That seems a bit spooky to me Silver, because you didn't have a good relationship with your mom.
Is your mom still alive? I think she sent it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How lovely, Meg! At least, on both occasions, you knew who to to thank!
....unexplained gifts yes vegetables left on my doorstep when I lived in Somerset, I never did find out who left them it was someone who was up very early in the mornings ...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-01-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That seems a bit spooky to me Silver, because you didn't have a good relationship with your mom.
Is your mom still alive? I think she sent it.
No, Blue, she is long gone - and would not have sent it.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:06 PM

I used to know a very elderly gentleman who had a german shephard. I used to walk his dog because he coudn't. When I would bring the dog back I would take in a big bag of groceries, and say "who left these at your door". He would be so happy and say he had a guardian angel somewhere.....

He was so grateful. I never did tell him it was me, and I did it for about a year, then they took him to a nursing home as he got alzheimer's......he was such a sweet old man, and he believed that when his time came, God would send him a good friend to walk with him to the pearly gates of Heaven. It comforted him to believe that.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

05-01-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, Blue, she is long gone - and would not have sent it.
Oh Silver, then it really is a mystery. You will have to figure out who knows the story of you and your mom to figure out who would send a wood heart. Why is the heart wooden, I wonder.

Elvis sang "I don't have a wooden heart" didn't he"?
Do you know any Elvis fans?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top