Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Dental appointment today

It's at 9:30 . . . gotta keep that ring of confidence in good condition eh.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 09:12 AM

Re: Dental appointment today

Originally Posted by nero ->
It's at 9:30 . . . gotta keep that ring of confidence in good condition eh.
Denis if it's anything like my Dentist it will keep your wallet empty too . I just paid £100 for two fillings (my dentist left the NHS and there was no other available, that is with insurance) .

Hope you return shining like new
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Good luck with the Dentist Nero, don't let him damage those pearly gates.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Have you got lovely sparkling gnashers now, Denis?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2011, 02:20 AM

I knew I needed a filling in upper left #7 . . I've had a gold crown on that molar for many years now . . a small cavity had developed where the base of the crown is fitted to the tooth.

She said she was gonna x-ray the tooth prior to doing anything, after looking at the x-ray pic she said the tooth would have to come out . . now the tooth is firm and so is the crown . . not mobile in any way . . I asked why she could'nt put a filling in the cavity, she said it would'nt be a success . . I told her there was no way she was pulling the tooth out . . I've had no pain with it so could see no reason why it needed to be pulled.

She started to get a bit stroppy and still refused to fill the cavity . . I said to her that it was unreasonable for me to leave the surgery with a cavity where all sorts of food and debris could collect in it whilst eating.
I then told her if she still insisted on doing nothing I'd go home and fill the bl00dy cavity myself with epoxy resin . . she then relented, asked me to sit back in the dental chair and proceeded to put filler in the tooth . . . the tooth is now fine with no hole in the side of it.

As I've said before on another thread . . "where the hell do these people get their qualifications from" . . . the universities are turning out amateurs IMO.

Oh . . . . the charge for the filler was £3.49p . . . she's only been in that practice for a year . . . "practice" being the operative word methinks.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Good for you Denis you stuck to your guns and got what you wanted, glad it worked out in the end. Did you give her a tip?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2011, 08:54 PM

Denis, I'm sorry you had a dispute with your dentist, mind you over here in Eastern Europe they are all like that, or worse!! Seven years ago I had a lot of work done by a brilliant Aussie dentist in England, it's about time I went again but I definately don't want to go to one here.
nero
Central Scotland

23-07-2011, 01:32 AM

I've been going to that practice for over 40 years harvey . . . the original founder of the practice is now retired . . . he's in his 80's now . . he was the one who fitted the crown . . I've had it for 37 years with no problems then along comes a newbie and wants to pull it.

There are 4 other dentists in the place but it would be no use complaining, they all stick together . . . criticising a colleague is a breach of ethics innit . . whether she's right or wrong.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 07:35 AM

I then told her if she still insisted on doing nothing I'd go home and fill the bl00dy cavity myself with epoxy resin . . she then relented, asked me to sit back in the dental chair and proceeded to put filler in the tooth . . . the tooth is now fine with no hole in the side of it.. .

I admire you, I have a fear of going to the dentist in general. I do love your answer fill the cavity myself....made melaugh!
nero
Central Scotland

23-07-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
I then told her if she still insisted on doing nothing I'd go home and fill the bl00dy cavity myself with epoxy resin . . she then relented, asked me to sit back in the dental chair and proceeded to put filler in the tooth . . . the tooth is now fine with no hole in the side of it.. .

I admire you, I have a fear of going to the dentist in general. I do love your answer fill the cavity myself....made melaugh!
That's what's wrong with so many people today Jean, regarding professional people . . . they all seem to stand back in awe of them afraid to critiscise and to take what these types care to dish out . . . . not I, I had a blazing row 2 years ago with my GP . . . some of you may recall the infected finger saga.

I told them in the surgery that when my dogs are ill they get better treatment than I get . . .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top