Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Are you a hoarder

Moved house recently, with the help of my family there were several trips to chairty shops, and lots more to the dump still I have so much left, where did it all come from, I have boxes from a previous move never opened, did I ever need any of it, I guess the answer is no, if you had to move tomorrow morning would you panic
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 04:00 PM

Re: Are you a hoarder

I'm terrible, I don't throw out a thing.

Whilst working on a project involving using timber, any offcut more than 6" long is kept 'you never know when you'll need it'.

The amazing thing is that 12 months later, SWMBO will ask if I have something for a certain job, low and behold, I do, it was left over from the last job.

Heavens knows what will happen when we move.................
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 04:15 PM

I'm very much the same as you Rocky I nearly always find a use for something later. Every time the Wife starts a clean out there is high tension in our house, I have to watch her like a hawk, she'd throw me out if she got the chance, she once gave a solid antique brass fender to a scrap metal man doing the rounds, it was in the house since her Mothers time, I nearly went through the roof when I came home. Luckily I have an extra little shed in the back for storing things and when she wants something fixed, and I have the right thing, I gloat and say 'Now ain't you glad I kept that'.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 04:50 PM

I just went thru that: lived in my house for 46 years, a bit of a pack rat! Unbelievable the amount of stiff that was donated or just thrown out! You have my sympathy, believe me!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I just went thru that: lived in my house for 46 years, a bit of a pack rat! Unbelievable the amount of stiff that was donated or just thrown out! You have my sympathy, believe me!
And do you feel happier for it Eileen?

I must admit I do not think I am a hoarder except for cleaning products of any sort I always need to have a store of toilet rolls, bleach, cleaning fluids, shampoo, soap and toothpaste .....weird eh?
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 07:24 PM

One old friend of mine always maintained that Junk is something you dont need and will never want till a week after you throw it out, and that is a very true saying friends.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 07:38 PM

After emptying the house after my Father died I am on a If you dont use it loose it mission. I am getting ready for when I go Upalofto.I have got Joe to work on his shed then its his bedroom next..... you will hear the wailing all over the universe... he is a it may come in handy man.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Yes, Aitch, that is so true; I was just wishing I hadn't discarded a serrated knife that was excellent for slicing large tomatoes neatly; don't know why I didn't pack it with the rest of the kitchen stuff .....
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 07:45 PM

I'll hoard certain things with the usual excuse "well you'll never know when you might need it" or "I can't throw that away I paid x amount of money for that".
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 10:30 PM

I don't hoard anything at all-going to be so easy for family, when I get carried off into the sky-they'll have no clutter to sort out!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top