Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 08:05 AM

One of those Wednesday days

Good morning everyone

Have you ever had one of those days when getting up seems hard work, looking at food seems to turn you off it and the light coming from the sky seems like torture? This morning is one of those days.

No plans other than sitting quietly in a darkened room listening to some soothing music.

Have a good day everyone and whatever you do enjoy it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Re: One of those Wednesday days

Good morning to all, whether in darkened room AB, or in any other way previously engaged..

A dull start here in Sherwood but I must make an effort to get into the garden and tidy up a bit after the winds and storms of the last few days. Walkies for Oscar first though, then coffee break, then prepare lunch, so I may finally get round to doing it this afternoon (if it doesn't rain )

Have a great day if you can and hey, let's be careful out there.....

Barry
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Somehow have gotten volunteered to trim a friend's palms today.

It's very dull and overcast at the moment here, very strange, actually feels like it might rain. YES PLEASE.

I know, I know, but when it's been on the 30's c every day for the past 6 weeks and night-time temps. that rarely go below about 22c, some rain would be a welcome relief.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Morning all AB that doesn't sound good I recommend what they call these days a 'duvet day', laying under the covers feeling sorry for yourself and eating tempting morsels. .
I hope you feel better soon .

We still haven't had much rain here just the wind which has blown some of the runner bean flowers off.

Lots to do today. I am babysitting three babies later while my son and daughter in law have their first evening out since baby Hannah was born 5 weeks ago . Hannah has been fed by her mummy and is not used to a bottle so I am hoping everything will be ok. I will also have the twins to look after but they are very good and singing to them soon sort out any problems and gets them off to sleep.

Have a good day everyone..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 11:36 AM

Good morning all, not so bad today the Sun is in and out and the wind has stopped, no sign of any rain yet. Nothing much to do today just a few odds and ends to clear up then the day is all mine.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on AB.
Enjoy the children Meg, I know you adore them.
Take it easy Folks.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 12:01 PM

Good almost afternoon all, it's raining cats & dogs here - again! Been out to meet a friend for coffee.

Glad you enjoyed your wonderful birthday pressie Plantman.

Enjoy your day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Afternoon all another wet day here ..... where is our summer?

Nothing special planned for today except the usual house chores. Cassie Cat presented me with a 'lovely' fur ball on the carpet this morning ....yuk!.... so cleaning that up was my first job of the day She has to go to the vet tomorrow for her booster jab so I'll pick up some furball med at the same time.

AB - you do sound under the weather, take things easy for a while and I hope you'll feel better soon.

Barry - I hope you manage to get out in the garden to tidy your plants...

Rockrider - please can you send your sunshine over here in exchange for our rain

Meg - have a great time with the babes today

Jemflux - keep smiling, you're always so jolly

Nuttygran - I hope someone turns your rain taps off soon

Enjoy you day everyone!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 03:33 PM

Hi, all! Quite warm this morning, 30 C (85 F), hazy sun. The midwest heat wave is on it's way here, will be in the triple digits (F) by the weekend; a bit hot even for me. All quiet, just out for grass and to the downstairs library. Do you realize we've lost 5 minutes of daylight since the Solstice?

AB, hope you're feeling a bit better by now.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 03:56 PM

The sun has only just appeared, it's been dull all day, but still very warm, 30c.
It was appreciated that the sun remained behind the cloud this morning, made it bearable to trim the palms.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 10:36 PM

Walked round the reservoirs this morning and didn't get wet! Reservoirs are full now, so when summer arrives, there won't be a shortage of water!

Spent this afternoon at one of my Sisters, just relaxing and drinking tea....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top