Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 11:05 PM

At last

My wife got rid of the Jaguar car she had . . . it was a 2002 X type 2 litre . . . what a pile of junk . . . Jags aint the same since the Indians took them over . . . she was only getting 24mpg . . . the car was too heavy for the engine size . . . she has now put the Primera back on the road, it had been laid up for 2 years but I soon got it up and running, she now gets over 30mpg . . . I took it for a test drive and got 42mpg, it's only done 54,000 miles since new . . . it's a W reg.
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 10:53 AM

Re: At last

Sounds like a Joke with a JAG lol!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Jags have been a pile of rubbish for the last 40 years Denis, remember the Mk10? A total rustbucket derived from the British Leyland school of quality. As for the Primera it's Japanese, what more do you need to say?..
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Good morning Forum dwellers. It's good to see you back Nero.

It's the morning that my vacation begins. I slept soundly with no anxiety keeping me up. I awoke at my normal time, 3:00 AM. I guess that's not really normal for most but I can generally set my clock by it.

All bags are packed and all is right on schedule. I just took the last decent shower, shave & tooth brushing I may have for two weeks. I took extra time to lounge in the shower. I'll head for McDonald's and my normal breakfast with my senior buddies. It's good to have a routine. I'm sure they'll be glad to see me off today as I've been driving them crazy talking about my adventure for 6 months.

I return August 01 so I doubt I chat with you all again before then. I'm not taking any internet gadget on the trip. Have fun, stay healthy and I'll tell you all about the trip when I return. - Bob
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Have you left yet Bob? If not, have a great holiday, enjoy every single day and make sure you say hello to us as soon as you get back
Mary
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm sitting at my McDonald's having coffee waiting for my senior friends. After breakfast I head back home for and hour before my ride picks me up and delivers me to the train station. I'm just a few hours away from departure. I have my iPad with me until I return home and wait for that pickup. I won't be able to communicate for the next two weeks until I return Auugust 1. See you aljl then.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Have a fun trip
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Jags have been a pile of rubbish for the last 40 years Denis, remember the Mk10? A total rustbucket derived from the British Leyland school of quality. As for the Primera it's Japanese, what more do you need to say?..
They make em in Sunderland canny lad.

The one we have is the SE + . . . climate control, computer, leather seats, headlamp wash-wipe and electric adjustable seats . . . it has more features than the Jag had . . . Jag owners stick with them for the prestige of the badge IMO.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top