Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 03:28 PM

Dont pee under the Blackthorn bush!!

Because if you do you risk standing up (ladies) and spiking yourself on their evil and highly poisonous thorns. They are very nasty and I did it a week ago and now my head looks like this its so sore and im on antibiotics too It went very septic and seeped yuk and gunge and generally looks horrible but fortunately my hair covers it. I cant wait for it to heal as im desperate to dye my hair again as the grey is getting out of hand lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Re: Dont pee under the Blackthorn bush!!

That looks very sore Cassie. I won't say any more, methinks this is another 'Ladies only' thing, if it had been me I'd have pissed over it.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 03:56 PM

lol Its not really a ladies thing.. Id bent down to pop into an opening where it was out of sight of the people I was with. The thorns were at least 4' high and I caught it as I walked out. Thank goodness I had my head down watching where I was stepping or it might have stabbed me in the face
I tell you what though it felt like someone gnawing my skull and I had a really large 'spot' for want of a better description there. You should google Blackthorn wounds & you'd be amazed at the injuries you can get.. its really nasty and can start the poisoning within 3 seconds of the thorn puncturing the skin.
I once saw a horse that had one in the top of its foreleg and in an hour it had lumpy swelling up its shoulder and halfway up its neck
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 04:15 PM

No good will have to get the Tenna pads then, cant face getting that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Oh that looks so painful, Cassie! Hope it heals soon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Can get your own back on that bush Cassie, the fruit (sloes) make an excellent Sloe Gin.

You'll need a large (2 Litre) Kilner jar with an air-tight lid, 8oz sloes, 1 bag of sugar and a cheap bottle of Gin.

Pick and wash sloes thoroughly. Prick them with a sharp knife and place in Kilner jar. Add entire bag of sugar. Pour as much Gin into jar as possible to fill jar tom within 1 Centimetre of top. Stir with handle of Wooden spoon and replace lid. Store in a cool cupboard. You will need to stir at frequent intervals over next few days until all sugar is dissolved. Return jar to cupboard for 3 - 4 months. Sloe Gin makes an excellent Xmas Liqueuer. When ready strain off liquid into second kilner jar. Put sloes into plastic container and place in 'fridge (these make an excellent dessert with a spoon or two of ice cream - but watch the stones!!!).

Slanche!!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Ouch......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 06:33 PM

Ouch!..... you do get yourself in the wars don't you Cassie

I hope it heals soon....
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 06:49 PM

Oh dear sorry to hear this, looks sore.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Oh Cassie that looks so sore , thank goodness you didn't sit on any thorns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top