Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:41 AM

Ammonia Tuesday

Good morning all.

The walk this morning took longer than normal possibly due to having a lack of energy. The smell of amonia was very strong near to the farm, never smelt it that strong since a tanker got stuck under a bridge in Darwen, and the birds were conspicuous with their absence, maybe they dont like the smell as well.

Plans for today are relaxing with some soothing music and a good book, Michael Connelly's Fith Witness and a hot toddy to clear the body of this virus.

Have a great day everyone and remember someone somewhere needs your love and hugs so go out and share them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Re: Ammonia Tuesday

Morning AB and to all and sundry to follow. Hope the recovery continues apace AB, keep taking Dr.Courvoisier's medicine.....

I'm going flying this afternoon for an hour in a Cessna 152 if the weather holds, a present from my wife for my birthday last week. I'm much looking forward to that, but I'm on the bathroom cleaning rota this morning so I'd better crack on with that first...

Have a great day yourselves and try to look out for one another....

Barry
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 08:54 AM

Morning AB and Barry and all to follow

It's a lot cooler but sunny here today. Many of the flowers in the garden have been hit over by recent rain, maybe I'll prop some up with canes later.

AB - keep taking the "medicine" I hope you'll feel better soon.

Barry - what a great birthday present from your wife .....enjoy the flying, looking forward to hearing how it went.

Have a great day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Morning all, I am pleased to see you have recovered a little AB and were able to keep your chair as the first to sit at the 'good morning' breakfast table .

Barry it sounds as though you are in for an exciting day, what a shame it isn't better weather, it's rather murky here with low cloud on the hilltops. I expect you will enjoy it anyway.

Have a lovely day everyone however you decide to spend it .
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 09:12 AM

Mornin all . . . up at 5 this morning . . these early sunrises are nice but the bedroom faces directly west and I get the first rays . . . being old and decrepit I shall no doubt have a doss on the sofa later . . . have a safe one offers . . . remember Murdoch and Co face the music at 11am today.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Good morning all, It's sunny just now with showers forecast. Same old same old.. Have a tranquil day everyone.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Hi ya'll from a sunny but VERY windy Southern Spain.

Am just back from a 32km ride on the bike, but it was very hard work today. had planned, and was looking forward to doing a 50 km ride today but the wind is so strong, that had to be abandoned. I ride for fitness, but most important for fun and pleasure, and at times it was neither of those, so why bust a gut.

The stats show the truth my average speed was 1mph slower than normal.

The other annoying thing is that I got up early to give myself time to do the 50 km before it got too hot, now I'm at a loose end.
May relax and watch the fiasco in Parliament and some TdF action.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Good morning all, the weather is still terrible but what can you do. I think I poisoned my bug last night anyway it's gone and the only thing I have now is a slight headache, I don't normally take whiskey.
Make sure you're well strapped in Barry, we don't want to lose you..
Have as good a day as you can Folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Good morning all. We certainly have a great bunch of morning well wishers these days. I will miss you all for the next two weeks. Departure is tomorrow afternoon so tomorrow morning is my last greeting for a while.

There's a chance of rain again today as the weather pattern of extreme heat in most of the central states has caused a low to park itself off our coastline. We've been running 10 degrees lower than usual all year. It does make for some great sleeping weather with the nights at 12C. Some folks complain that it's too cool but I wouldn't care if it ever got above 23C.

Have a great day all.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 03:40 PM

Hi, all. Overcast and humid this morning, 29 C (84 F(), very good chance of t'storms in the afternoon. Out to pick grass, and got the laundry card; the building is switching from coin-fed machines to ones with a smart card. We'll see how that goes; everything becomes increasingly automated now. All's quiet, am almost 100% settled in , Chris hung the cup and saucer racks yesterday.

AB, glad you,re a little better, take it easy. Barry, enjoy the flight, what an unusual present and how apt! The mere idea of flying terrifies me; never have, never will!

Be good to yourselves today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top