Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Eileens Celebratory Saturday

Good morning all.

The rain has arrived with a vengence it is hitting the ground and rebounding to the heavens, with the land being dry the water is running off the fields in small rivers, thank you St Swithun.

Plans for today are paddling to the botton of the garden to pick a few tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber for the lunch and then relaxing until Eileen appears..

Celebrations are also planned for Eileen who has had the great news that she was hoping for so come on everyone join in and raise a glass if Virtual wine to celebrate with her.

Have a great day and dont get to vitually drunk.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 07:40 AM

Re: Eileens Celebratory Saturday

Rain just started here so Oscar will have to wait a while for his walk...

Easy day planned, with catching up on paperwork and cooking fajitas for lunch at the top of my agenda, and may watch a film this afternoon if it stays wet..

Have a great day yourselves and try to relax, go on you deserve it, you know you do....

Barry
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Another scorcher today, predicted 35c later.

Change of routine this weekend, so going out on the bike soon, before there's too much heat. After I get back the day's my own.
Am really going to have to force something out of these legs today though. Was at a party yesterday and drank far too much cerveza, so am suffering from a bit of a hang over at the mo.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Good morning all.

The rain has arrived with a vengence it is hitting the ground and rebounding to the heavens, with the land being dry the water is running off the fields in small rivers, thank you St Swithun.

Plans for today are paddling to the botton of the garden to pick a few tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber for the lunch and then relaxing until Eileen appears..

Celebrations are also planned for Eileen who has had the great news that she was hoping for so come on everyone join in and raise a glass if Virtual wine to celebrate with her.

Have a great day and dont get to vitually drunk.
Morning fellow OFF'S AB I have put up the bunting but it is rather bedraggled due to the long awaited rain accompanied by howling wind which arrived this morning. Not that I am complaining, all this carrying buckets of water around to water the garden is giving me widows droop. It will be lovely to see washed green leaves again.

Have just been out with Chloe who came back caked in a mixture of mud and wet sheep poo so she had to have her legs and beard washed.

While I was struggling with the field gate the wind blew my golf umbrella inside out . I envisaged being whisked across the treetops to join Eileen in person .I have had a problem getting the umbrella back the right way and managed to do so but bent a spoke. It would have been easier had I been taller with longer arms, this is one of the few occasions when having a tall man around would have been usefull
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Morning everyone, the rain is lashing down and has been since the early hours, the garden is getting a much needed soaking though. What a pity there are no rain taps which we could turn off when we've had enough

I imagine Eileen is feeling like a new person today now she no longer has to cart her oxygen cylinder around with her everywhere. That is such good news for her!

Have a good day all, stay safe...
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Just back from a 23 mile ride in the countryside, that took some willpower today, I had legs like lead. Have to say though, I always feel better for it.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 11:49 AM

Good morning all. I'm sitting here at 3:45 AM listening to it rain outside my balcony screen door. It sounds wonderful. It will only get to 20C today with rain most of the day. We need the rain for all the gardens & flowers.

It's great news to hear that Eileen is doing well. She's a regular on here and a real trooper. Go Eileen! Have a great day all!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Celebrations are also planned for Eileen who has had the great news that she was hoping for so come on everyone join in and raise a glass of Virtual wine to celebrate with her.
I am sitting here with that (virtual) glass in my hand AB and thanking heaven for Eileens good news.

Regretably I can't get on here as often as I would like but I have tried to follow Eileens story and I look forward to reading her posts as soon as she's able to come here.

Have a good Saturday AB and the rest of you (The good ones anyway ) I'm off back to the 'shed' in a moment to 'tidy up' after a couple of projects this week, it'll likely take twice as long to do that than it did to make the things I was making
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Good afternoon all, wonderful news about Eileen! My virtual glass is raised.

It's coming down in stair-rods here just now, I'm counting my blessings, Missy & me are dry & comfortable.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 02:49 PM

Good morning all, a lovely day here, plenty of sun and the odd short shower which I believe is badly needed. Yes I'll be off to the local shortly AB and I'll toast Eileens health with a REAL pint of Liffey water.
You've been very busy Meg.
Rocky, you must be the fittest Man in Spain.
Have a great weekend Folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top