Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 08:57 PM

Seasons

I was reflecting on how much our seasons have changed since I was a child.
I seem to remember always having snow at Christmas, and distinct seasons, unlike they are today.

What are your memories?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:36 PM

Re: Seasons

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I seem to remember always having snow at Christmas, and distinct seasons, unlike they are today.

What are your memories?
Trouble is Sweetie, you never remember the bad stuff.....
Going to school in the snow in short trousers, the skin on the gravy at school meals, having to go in while it's still light when all your mates can stay out and no telly.......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trouble is Sweetie, you never remember the bad stuff.....
Going to school in the snow in short trousers, the skin on the gravy at school meals, having to go in while it's still light when all your mates can stay out and no telly.......
I can't remember ever having school meals.
Snow and short trousers are not good, but I see you still wear shorts in the snow. I remember the pic.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:12 PM

I can't remember ever having school meals.
Snow and short trousers are not good, but I see you still wear shorts in the snow. I remember the pic.
Mum and Dad both worked so I had to stop for school dinners Sweetie....
When I first started running back in 1978 I was so self conscious about my thin legs I always wore bottoms, and then when I ran my first road race I wore shorts for the first time and realised that all long distance runners had skinny legs just the same as mine....

I have worn shorts for running ever since and now find that I just can't tolerate bottoms no matter what the weather.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Mum and Dad both worked so I had to stop for school dinners Sweetie....
When I first started running back in 1978 I was so self conscious about my thin legs I always wore bottoms, and then when I ran my first road race I wore shorts for the first time and realised that all long distance runners had skinny legs just the same as mine....

I have worn shorts for running ever since and now find that I just can't tolerate bottoms no matter what the weather.....
Plus, the ladies on OFF drool over them mate
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Plus, the ladies on OFF drool over them mate
Ha ha.....well there is that to it Floydy....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-12-2018, 11:32 PM

Ha ha.....well there is that to it Floydy....
We all saw Floydy in his undies also.

Not sure if he had seasonal ones.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 11:36 PM

2010, it went below Zero in October, stayed there till late January, fortunately most folks had good insulation, so, not many folks noticed, trends are always bucked.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-12-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
2010, it went below Zero in October, stayed there till late January, fortunately most folks had good insulation, so, not many folks noticed, trends are always bucked.
Not in Bournemouth as I recall.
I remember my late Father telling me that the Thames froze in Windsor when he was a child.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 12:19 AM

What are your memories?
I should have thought that Dorset, being in the milder area of the country, might have experienced less of the white fluffy stuff.

Here, where we live in Bedfordshire, we've had a few snowfalls that lasted a few days.

Where we lived in Scotland the winter of '62 was exceptional. Drifts up to 18 feet. Sheep and lambs got snowed in.
My father and I walked around with spades to let them out. We spread food.

Most made it.Finding some frozen was not pleasant,

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top