Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:53 AM

My holiday

Ok booked 12 days in Vegas for 601 pounds.

But had stop overs.

No prob flying except first leg I was landing in Canada(Calgary) and did not have a visa to go to Canada but it was sorted out at airport and cost me 7 Candian dollars.

Had an ESTA for the USA.

Got to Vegas had a great 12 days.

Flying home on a connection that was taking me to San Francisco to get my connection to Heathrow.

O dear flight was delayed( had 1 hour 8 minutes to connect to my next flight) and because the plane was unbalanced because to many heavy bags at the back so had to be moved to the front we took off 35 minutes late

Then The UNW hit the fan.

Checking time for my flight to Heathrow closed at 7.20 I arrived at 7.25 OMG.

But it seems that the original plane had been canceled and the caterers had not been informed so could not load the food on to a different type of plane

So had to wait for over an hour after I at 76 years old had run a marathon and plane was delayed for over an hour

Felt sorry for some of the passengers who missed their connections.

Also at Heathrow my passport was rejected had to go to a nice Border patrol officer to be told the chip on my passport was not working but he let me in anyway.

Nice to be home and looking forward to Christmas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:56 AM

Re: My holiday

I hope you had a good holiday Galty

Also at Heathrow my passport was rejected had to go to a nice Border patrol officer to be told the chip on my passport was not working but he let me in any way.
That must have been a relief , welcome back.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:57 AM

Oh dear what a journey...i agree its nice to go away but its nice to come home too. Happy Christmas
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Hi Galty

Travelling can be stressful at times. The main thing is that you a good holiday.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Sounds an "interesting" journey home Galty, so welcome back... btw any luck on the tables while you were there?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:49 AM

I bet you were pleased to get home Galty . It’s a great shame when you have an enjoyable holiday and then it is spoilt by airport connections etc.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Vegas though welcome back
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Also at Heathrow my passport was rejected had to go to a nice Border patrol officer to be told the chip on my passport was not working but he let me in anyway.
Grow a beard, that stuffs up all their face recognition software even if your passport is working. I always get pulled out and processed manually - much quicker.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Welcome back Galty, glad they let you in. They seem to question all the people who belong here, and let those that don't straight through....

If you're like me, I don't mind a short delay, it gives me time to sit and 'People watch' and wonder where all the folk are going and why....To think that just one hundred years ago it would have been traveling by ship or not at all.....

I'm not sure that it's turned out to be a good idea to mix everybody up from different parts of the world....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 01:10 PM

Glad you had a great time in Vegas Galty. There is certainly plenty to do there. Which hotel did you stay in?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you had a great time in Vegas Galty. There is certainly plenty to do there. Which hotel did you stay in?
This time I stayed at the Plaza which is downtown and not the Strip but at Fremont ST.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top