Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Foreign food Wednesday

Good morning folk

Another hot day in store for us today but at least the birds seem to be enjoying it by splashing about in the bird baths. We have been promised showers for the last few days but none appeared so we have to water the garden daily plus next doors garden due to them being away for a month.

Just done the weekly shopping and I was taken back to the old days when I saw a Chinese couple filling their trolley with tins of dog and cat food. When we lived in Blackburn a Chinese restaurant got prosecuted for using cat and dog food in their meals, one reason why I never use Foreign restaurants.
Plans for today are siesta time followed by siesta time followed by relaxing with a good book.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Re: Foreign food Wednesday

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Good morning folk

Another hot day in store for us today but at least the birds seem to be enjoying it by splashing about in the bird baths. We have been promised showers for the last few days but none appeared so we have to water the garden daily plus next doors garden due to them being away for a month.

Just done the weekly shopping and I was taken back to the old days when I saw a Chinese couple filling their trolley with tins of dog and cat food. When we lived in Blackburn a Chinese restaurant got prosecuted for using cat and dog food in their meals, one reason why I never use Foreign restaurants.
Plans for today are siesta time followed by siesta time followed by relaxing with a good book.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.
That memory recall rings some bells.--They must have had a big sale in canned pet food back in the good old days. I wonder if they had Chinese relatives with a restaurant in Nelson not too far from Blackburn. The Chinese people in Nelson got done for using kit-e-kat cat food in their restaurant.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 09:19 AM

A very good morning AB, Reuben and to all others who pass by this way.

We too are watering the garden daily, to keep the beans growing mainly...looks like there may be some ready towards the end of next week..

Nothing much planned other than walking Oscar and pottering around the garden.

Have a good day all and let's look out for one another....

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 09:28 AM

I think we are all on the same lines with the watering of the garden. We too were waiting for the rain which didnt arrive last night.
I do enjoy watering I find it gives me time to myself and i can go around and see what is growing, what needs dead heading, and what needs a little tlc.
enjoy your day
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 09:36 AM

Thank you Barry and a very good morning to you and all. It is very pleasant at the moment and I intend to do a bit more gardening myself before the weather goes off. Later it will be another walk out and about with Ruby probably along the canal tow path and around Barrowford locks and reservoir one of my favourite walks. So if I am going to do what I plan to do I'd better move my butt and make a start as times is marching on. Enjoy your day

Norma
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:26 AM

Morning everyone very busy day. The twins and their Daddy are coming for lunch while their Mummy and new baby sister have some special time together so I very busy cooking .
No baby food for these two, lots of different salads, pasta/rice/potato/apple and celery and a green salad all served with steak. It is lovely to watch them eat, they eat absolutely anything having been bought up on with 'baby led weaning' (BLW ).

Hope it stays fine today so we can have blowing bubbles in the garden afterwards. It is very dull at the moment . A walk would be nice but Barnaby isn't walking yet, Eleanor his sister runs everywhere I think little girls are quicker to learn and more trouble than little boys

Have a lovely day everyone...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:27 AM

Good morning forum dwellers. It's going to only reach 20C here as we have a 50% chance of rain today. Not that we've cooled down that much but it is about 10-15 degrees F lower than last week.

AB, your store about cat food on the menu brought back a memory of my 19 months stationed in Korea. In all that time I only saw one cat in that country and it was heavily chained to a post outside of a "hooch". It had this forlorn look in its eyes that seemed to say "help me". lol I think it was on the lunch menu for the day. We had a scandal here in the states years ago that Wendy's Hamburgers were made of ground up worms. It was never really proven but the rumor lingered for years.

It was fun to see my first Social Security retirement check deposited in my checking account this morning. I must remember that it has to cover all my needs for a whole month unlike the unemployment checks I've been getting that come every week. It's all about making it s t r e t c h. Have a great day all & stay away from Chinese food today. Our pizza here doesn't look much better.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Pizza looks great Bob good enough to eat
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pizza looks great Bob good enough to eat
It was delicious Meg. It's from Tuta Bella's Pizza in Seattle, Washington. My friend & I have ridden the 150 distance just for that pizza.

RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Another hot one in store today.

Just got back from a 37 km (23 m) escapade on the bike. Just as I set of the wind decided to get up and have had some fierce headwinds and cross winds most of the way around.
Decided to try a new route, which entailed crossing the Rio Gualdalhorce, as I approached down the bank the fairly solid shingle turned to sand and i came to an abrupt halt. Got past that and into the river, was expecting it to have a solid rocky bottom, but no, halfway across the riverbed turned to loose shingle and I sank into it. The water was almost up to my knees, by hey! It's reasonably clean and it's a beautiful warm day and it cooled me down.
Won't try that again, but it was a bit of a laff...........

I'm coming up to 63 and some people are telling me it's time a grew up....................no way.

Living a sedentary lifestyle nearly killed me, so now I'm having some fun again.................

So to all of you GOYA.................

get off your ass.............and get out there

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top