Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:19 PM

Pregnant Women With Their Hand Placed On Their Tummy?

Is holding your hand on your tummy whilst pregnant the new trend?
Why do they do this these days? Celebrities do it too! I don’t remember going around with my hand placed on my tummy whilst l was pregnant!

The latest one to do it is Meghan Markle (Duchess Of Sussex). It has got to the point that l cringe every time l see her on television! I even feel it’s a bit of an act with her.

I want to shout, ‘Yes, we know you’re pregnant, now please get your stupid hand off your stomach’!

Am l being petty or do you find this trend a bit annoying?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:31 PM

Re: Pregnant Women With Their Hand Placed On Their Tummy?

Well to be fair Meghan is surrounded by crowds so my interpretation is that she feels vulnerable and protective of her bump for that reason. It's a reflex action when you feel threatened plus this is her first baby.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:33 PM

Forgive me but I think you're being a tad judgemental here.
Remember how it felt the first time?

Anyway, where else is there to put your hands?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Forgive me but I think you're being a tad judgemental here.
Remember how it felt the first time?

Anyway, where else is there to put your hands?
ruthio, Not judgemental but an observation!

If you have a headache or a sore bottom, do you go round with your hand on your head or your hand on your ha’penny all day?!!

I remember, you once agreeing with me that pregnant women in television series or films, all seem to walk round with their hand on their lower back whilst walking with their top body leaning backwards!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:46 PM

No Art, it isn't new as I used to do it over 40 years ago

Towards the end of my pregnancy it was to help take the wait of carrying two off my back. Didn't help much though!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:49 PM

Maybe they get a Kick out of it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No Art, it isn't new as I used to do it over 40 years ago

Towards the end of my pregnancy it was to help take the wait of carrying two off my back. Didn't help much though!
Mags, Yes l can understand when you have a big bump but when your tummy is still flattish, it seems pointless to me.

You look at Meghan when she’s on the News, she does it every time. Its like, she’s starring in some big role!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Hasn't it always been so - some of my favourite paintings feature the "pose":

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Hasn't it always been so - some of my favourite paintings feature the "pose":

At least she’s got a bump!!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well to be fair Meghan is surrounded by crowds so my interpretation is that she feels vulnerable and protective of her bump for that reason. It's a reflex action when you feel threatened plus this is her first baby.
I think this too. I remember doing it when there were a lot of people around, sort of a protective instinct.

But I also get that because Meghan's flavour of the month, what with another royal baby on board, she might just be playing on it a tiny bit. Also the press will be looking for every chance to promote the pregnancy as it's good for sales, so they're going to publish the baby bump pics.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top