Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 11:48 AM

How do you know when you're time is up?

I'm in hospital with no signs of improvement. Each day they try out new drugs on me, but each day my temperature spikes and I feel accutely unwell fot a good while. I've next to no appetite apart from their vanilla ice cream as this cools me a bit.

But I can't see myself getting out anytime soon ; neither can the doctors as they can't find the infection.

These are when I have my down moments and just feel like giving up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Re: How do you know when you're time is up?

Don't you dare give up ! I've been there several times with heart stopped and not breathing and been brought back thankfully. No matter what life's like it's better than giving up.

Be kind to yourself and they will find the problem eventually I'm sure. Ice cream the nectar of life have they offered you cooling washes etc that brings down temperatures and helps you feel better quite quickly.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 12:50 PM

Ffosse , thinking of you , hope that you find the strength to fight this infection x
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 12:56 PM

Im really sorry to hear youre having a tough time Ffosse...each of us will know when our times up..but putting up a fight is sometimes needed. I wish you all the strength needed at this time!!

No matter what life's like it's better than giving up.(to quote Julie)

Sorry Julie but I dont tend to agree with you on that..there has to be a good qaulity to life imo and certainly for me personally otherwise whats the point? Id rather progress on my journey peacefully.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Im really sorry to hear youre having a tough time Ffosse...each of us will know when our times up..but putting up a fight is sometimes needed. I wish you all the strength needed at this time!!

No matter what life's like it's better than giving up.(to quote Julie)

Sorry Julie but I dont tend to agree with you on that..there has to be a good qaulity to life imo and certainly for me personally otherwise whats the point? Id rather progress on my journey peacefully.
There is a difference between giving up when there is a chance of life and chosing to end life because it's just so bleak Aysa. I defend anyone's right to suicide or assisted suicide I just don't like to think anyone isn't making a decision but just giving in.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 01:02 PM

Poor You, I kind of know how you feel as I was rushed into hospital a couple of years ago and I was in terrible pain with stuck gallstones and a massive infection. I just felt like giving up then. I was hooked up to a drip and had 20 bottles of antibiotics bunged into me over 5 days. Once they started to kick in I started to feel better, then I had the gallstones removed. I'm sure you will feel a lot better when your antibiotics get into your system. Hope that's soon for you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 01:07 PM

Flosse thinking of you .
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is a difference between giving up when there is a chance of life and chosing to end life because it's just so bleak Aysa. I defend anyone's right to suicide or assisted suicide I just don't like to think anyone isn't making a decision but just giving in.
Yes I agree Julie theres a difference but we cant make the assumption that someone is just "giving up" by our own viewpoint. The individual needs to make that choice and they alone will know that theyre not just giving up.
I would never say to someone "youre giving up" as Im not walking in their shoes....if you can understand what I mean
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Yes I agree Julie theres a difference but we cant make the assumption that someone is just "giving up" by our own viewpoint. The individual needs to make that choice and they alone will know that theyre not just giving up.
I would never say to someone "youre giving up" as Im not walking in their shoes....if you can understand what I mean
I agree I was just going on what ffosse had said in opening post.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree I was just going on what ffosse had said in opening post.
I wish Ffosse every strength right now too Julie..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top