Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 07:20 AM

Grand Prix Sunday

Good morning all

It is a clamy sort of day here with the temperature at 17 degrees and not a breath of air about. Mother natures creatures are conspicuous with their absence apart from the Vixen who is crying in the woods.

Plans for today are a walk round Ennerdale first followed by a relaxing afternoon watching the British Grand Prix in the company of Napoleon.

Have a great day and enjoy life whatever you do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 07:48 AM

Re: Grand Prix Sunday

Morning AB a lovely start to the day here with lots of blue sky.
My son is going to the Grand Prix with a friend, his first 'day off' paternity leave since baby Hannah was born four weeks tomorrow so he is looking forward to a 'man's day'

I hope everyone has a lovely day..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Hi all, off out with my daughters for the day because of a family celebration. Go Karting, barbecue lunch and an afternoon of chat and catching up. Sounds exhausting but should be fun..

Have a great day yourselves...

Barry
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Good morning all, it's bright & breezy & 17 ºc here today after the rain & thunder yesterday. My son & dil are coming for lunch. Grand Prix - ugh! Noise & fumes - to each his own I suppose...
Enjoy your day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Good morning all, a bright start to the day here and very mild.

I enjoy watching the Grand Prix so I'll be looking forward it, I love the sound of all the engines revving up just before the start.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 10:20 AM

Good morning to all, a very dull start to the day weatherwise but hopefully it will improve. My Son and his Wife will be over later so with a bit of luck we can slip out for a pint or two and leave the Women to catch up on their chatting.
Enjoy the day Folks.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 10:42 AM

As always for this time of the year, wall to wall sunshine and temps in the 30's. Boring really.

Just back from 33 km ride in the countryside on the MTB (Mountain Bike), after a quick shower off to the Car-Boot sale in the next pueblo.

May even treat SWMBO to brunch.................................or maybe not, depending on my mood.

Then back for the GP. Siverstone is always a bit special, as I originate from Northamptonshire and my late father used it a few times during WW2.
I have been to the FI once, but used to go often to the Truck GP (no longer held there due to the damage they cause). I used to get free tickets and hospitality and passes to the paddock. Those were the days, when I had a proper job.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 12:52 PM

lovely day here,been over the fields with the dogs and picked loads of veggies from the garden for dinner
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Good morning everyone. We're heading for 26C today with bright sun. It's so nice in the morning at 11C before the sun comes up. I have the balcony door open, listening to some happy birds outside. The sun will be up in an hour.

I actually shaved this morning in an effort to look respectable. It's been over a year since I last worked so daily shaving has become a thing of the past.

I feel like a scooter ride somewhere but have still not decided the destination yet. I booked a 2 hour bus tour while in San Francisco in two weeks. I've been told it's not too safe wandering the streets on foot so this way I can see & photograph the sights in a guided tour. I've typed up my itinerary for the whole trip so I have a reference for where I need to be and when. The list is getting longer each day.

Have fun today folks and enjoy the nice weather.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 01:33 PM

I'm pottering in the garden though the sun has vanished.

Grand Prix?
I used to follow it ... not so much thesedays .... I liked the great heyday of turbo engines and racers like Ayrton Senna, Prost, Piquet and Mansell.

I really shall have to stop always singing the praises of the Good Old Days or I'll start to sound like Nora Batty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top