Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Painting Saturday

Good morning everyone

The rain came over night and damaged some of the flowers in the garden but now the sun is trying to get out so maybe they will recover.

Plans for today painting the garage interior, re-organising the shelving and relaying the carpet. Lunch in some local and an afternoon of watching the Tour De france.

Have a good day and remember to smile at everyone you meet, it could just make their day.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 08:44 AM

Re: Painting Saturday

Should be taking Barney for his long walk today, but I have slept in and SWMBO is still giving it ZZzzzzzzzzz. So may have to give him a miss today as it will be too hot.
Unfortunately most days this time of the year have to be lazy, it's difficult to do too much in 40c heat.

Quiz night tonight....................
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Good morning everyone,

It's raining buckets here and like you, AB, many of my plants are looking a bit sorry for themselves - hopefully the promised sun for later will help them.

Have a good day and weekend all!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Morning everyone sun shining,washing hung out, black clouds looming so busy morning shooing the sheep off the front lawn and saving the washing from getting wet at the back lawn

The baby twins and their new baby sister are coming later so hoping it is fine then so we can go in the garden where the twins have discovered the delights of growing strawberries

Have a lovely day...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Good morning everyone.

No so wet here this morning so we've walked Oscar already and now I need to get stuck in to harvesting the fruit and veg plot, and clearing crops which have finished to the compost heap.

Good luck with the garage sort out AB, I wouldn't know where to start with mine....

Have a good day all and hey, let's look out for one another...

Barry
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 12:50 PM

Good afternoon all, warm and sunny here today so far. Another do nothing day and I'm looking forward to it.
Fair play to you AB if you can enjoy watching cyclists, it bores me to tears.
Have a great day Folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 02:29 PM

Good morning to all. It is really beautiful outside with the sun shiningbbrightband not a cloud in the sky. It's supposed to get to about 75F today which is perfect.

Not much planned for today. I've been completing some final details for my trip. I know I must do laundry soon or wear used stinky clothes. It will be the final wash before heading to San Francisco. Time seems to be speeding up now as a whole sequence of events closes in on me. My friend's 31st birthday is Monday so I'll be taking him out to our favorite fancy restaurant. I feel this will have to be my last treat at this place because of my retirement finances. July 13th I get my first social security check starting my official retirement. It's all good and exciting. My vacation begins July 20th.

Have a great day all. I wish I could send you a few days of my great weather.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Hi everyone! Gorgeous day here: violent t'storms swept thru yesterday, dropped as much as 3" of rain in some places (not in the City, we only had .60"), and brought in cooler air and lower humidity. Sun and 26 C (79 F), much cooler than normal. Nothing going on, waiting for an afternoon grocery delivery.I still have some unpacking to do (mostly Winter stuff), but think I'll just have a lazy afternoon reading and playing on the computer.

Hope it's a pleasant day for all; stay cool, Rockrider!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi everyone! Gorgeous day here: violent t'storms swept thru yesterday, dropped as much as 3" of rain in some places (not in the City, we only had .60"), and brought in cooler air and lower humidity. Sun and 26 C (79 F), much cooler than normal. Nothing going on, waiting for an afternoon grocery delivery.I still have some unpacking to do (mostly Winter stuff), but think I'll just have a lazy afternoon reading and playing on the computer.

Hope it's a pleasant day for all; stay cool, Rockrider!
Eileen it sounds as though you are settling into your new home with Leia just fine.

That must have been quite some storm. I love to sit and watch storms at night , we haven't had a really good one here for ages .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 04:21 PM

Thanks, Meg, we are! I'm afraid I'm a wimp about thunderstorms, I find them very scary. I love the floor to ceiling huge window that's one wall of my apartment, but NOT during an electrical storm. They're very very common here in Summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top