Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 07:21 AM

Cool Friday

Good morning everyone

It is a nice day here with mother natures creatures welcoming it at the top of their voices, the sounds are marvelous, we just stood and listened to them on our morning walk, there must have been over two dozen different sounds, the noisiest was that of a Vixen crying.

It is a lot cooler, just right for walking which is what we are going to do today. A walk round Coniston water and possibly lunch is some local.

Have a great day everyone and remember, just as you need to feel wanted so do loved ones.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Re: Cool Friday

Cool Friday !!

Well it certainly is, our high today is only predicted to be 30c, yesterday it reached 41c.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Hi all, today I'm just trying to catch up on all the picking and freezing from the garden, too much to pick and too few hands....

Take care and have a great day

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Good morning everyone
We have had a decent amount of rain for the first time in ages and it feels cook and fresh..

The wretched sheep keep getting out underneath the field gate, eating my front lawn and eyeing up the bedding plants. Poor things,the grass is so sparse in the field because of the lack of rain they are desperate for some decent food . Hopefully the rain will have helped to produce some fresh grass and I won't have to keep leaping up and down from my chair to shoo the creatures away.

Have a pleasant day one and all...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Hi all, today I'm just trying to catch up on all the picking and freezing from the garden, too much to pick and too few hands....

Take care and have a great day

Barry
Oh that sounds good Barry what are you picking.
My runner beans are doing well and I have had a small amount of fruit off my one gooseberry and blackcurrant bush and a few strawberries.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 12:21 PM

Raining here again and the weeds are shooting up fast Shouldn't grumble though as the gardens badly needed it.

My daughter is very excited today as she and a friend are off to Wembley Arena this afternoon for the Take That concert ...... I wouldn't be surprised if she loses her voice there

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead everyone!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Good morning everybody, or as Benny Hill used to say, 'Good body every morning'. It's been raining all morning here and it's got a little cooler. Nothing to do today thank God, so I'll be relaxing and watching the racing at Ascot.
Enjoy your day Folks.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh that sounds good Barry what are you picking.
My runner beans are doing well and I have had a small amount of fruit off my one gooseberry and blackcurrant bush and a few strawberries.
Mainly picking fruit at the moment Meg, loganberries, blueberries, blackcurrants and the last of the summer raspberries are all needing picking, but we've had heavy showers all morning so I'm still behind,....but hey ho, the garden does need the water though...

My runner beans are a couple of weeks away yet, but the broad beans are still producing although my peas and mange tout have gone over. more later....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

08-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Mainly picking fruit at the moment Meg, loganberries, blueberries, blackcurrants and the last of the summer raspberries are all needing picking, but we've had heavy showers all morning so I'm still behind,....but hey ho, the garden does need the water though...

My runner beans are a couple of weeks away yet, but the broad beans are still producing although my peas and mange tout have gone over. more later....
All that fruit sounds wonderful Barry my brother who is not that far away from you (Foolow, Derbys) has had a bumper crop of fruit this year , wish I was nearer to get some from him.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 01:51 PM

Good Morning Everyone. Cooler today at 21C 70F but very sunny indeed. This is my kind of weather. My chores of the day include picking up medications the pharmacy had to wait for today. They got the ok from my doctor to give me 3 months at a time. That saves time and money.

I've got to find my friend, Warren, his birthday gift. With funds limited I haven't a clue what to get him. Maybe a gift certificate to 5 Guys hamburger place. They just opened a brand new one right across from my McDonald's.

I enjoyed another walk through the zoo yesterday with the weather being so splendid. The overcast skies made for some super shots as the animals were all out. Have a great day all and remember to pet your kitty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top