Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:40 PM

The green eyed monster...

I am sure we all know a green eyed monster in our lives.....
It seems no matter what you say or do, that green eyed monster called "jealousy" rears it's ugly head.

If you are doing well, Jealousy, will put you down....

Jealousy makes people "hard to associate with".....

AND, in relationship, a lot of us have known or married men who are so jealous, they don't want us to leave the house without them. Nearly every man I have been with in all my years, has been so possessive and jealous. I could hardly stand it.

I also don't like a jealous girlfriend friend, it does not look good on them, and you can pick up on it by how they talk to you. You just know,........cause they cannot stand to see you happy and they don't know how to be that happy.....

I have only one internet friend (BF), who is also a real life friend (I met her through a forum like this).......she is so easy to love. She doesn't have a jealous bone in her body, and she loves it when I am having fun.....that is the kind of girl I get along so well with.....

When I first met her, she had another internet/real life friend who she met on forums, and that friend was so jealous when I came into the picture, that she was a thorn in our sides for a very long time.....she didn't have to be jealous, she could have been both our friends, but she chose to try to pit us against each other, how evil is that !! It disgusts me......

Do you have a green eyed monster in your Life? Do you sense when one friend of yours is jealous of another friend of yours. Do you have a husband or wife who is jealous and possessive of you? How do you cope with that?

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Re: The green eyed monster...

I can't say jealousy has played any part in my life luckily, my husband allows me to have as much freedom as I wish and I do same for him. We don't do anything though to worry each other, being a bit sensitive to each others needs too.

I do occasionally wonder if some people might be jealous of us though, we are happy and show it often, that seems to wind some people up, people who aren't as happy.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't say jealousy has played any part in my life luckily, my husband allows me to have as much freedom as I wish and I do same for him. We don't do anything though to worry each other, being a bit sensitive to each others needs too.

I do occasionally wonder if some people might be jealous of us though, we are happy and show it often, that seems to wind some people up, people who aren't as happy.
You are right July, people who are not happy, seem to hate to see others happy. It is a shame and it goes on all the time. You would think they would realize they are jealous and do something to stop that, it sure doesn't look nice on them...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:27 PM

I don't worry about it - it is not my problem.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I don't worry about it - it is not my problem.
You are right I know, but it is hard to deal with in certain situations...unless you are a "loner"
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:52 PM

No I don’t often get jealous about anything especially not my girlfriends.
I explained about it in this thread where you asked about it.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=55680

I have no reason to be jealous of friends or anyone. My husband gives me no reason to be jealous and neither does anyone else in my life. He’s free to go wherever he wants and talk to whoever he wants. What he does doesn’t affect me.

To me jealousy is one of those wasted emotions. What does bother me are the head games played by those who get jealous because I’m not familiar with them.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Phycology today says Jealousy isn't something we have much control over. In truth, it is a natural, instinctive emotion that everyone experiences at one point or another. The problem with jealousy is that it masks other feelings and attitudes that are even more hurtful to us and those closest to us. Its intensity is often shielding deep-seated feelings of possessiveness, insecurity or shame. I believe that what lies at the heart of jealousy very often isn't the threat itself, but a drive we have within us to torment ourselves and berate ourselves with self-critical thoughts.....

I think some people get a little emotionally upset if they have to discuss a topic like Jealousy, it brings forward a very self defensive mood. It must stem from something, but I don't know what..........
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:05 PM

I gave up on that malarky many decades ago. I am more than content with my lot now. However.....

Sometimes I tend to get jealousy and envy mixed up. For instance, when my beautiful granddaughters or nieces come to visit and I see the pretty and very tiny, discreet tattoo's on their ankles or inside their wrists, or the beautiful pierced diamond bellybutton studs they have, I think, that's so unfair, I wasn't allowed to have the same when their age and I would have loved it..

Is that jealousy? or is it envy? Whichever, I'm afraid I'm guilty!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:13 PM

I wouldn't say I get jealous of people but I do get quietly envious sometimes
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I gave up on that malarky many decades ago. I am more than content with my lot now. However.....

Sometimes I tend to get jealousy and envy mixed up. For instance, when my beautiful granddaughters or nieces come to visit and I see the pretty and very tiny, discreet tattoo's on their ankles or inside their wrists, or the beautiful pierced diamond bellybutton studs they have, I think, that's so unfair, I wasn't allowed to have the same when their age and I would have loved it..

Is that jealousy? or is it envy? Whichever, I'm afraid I'm guilty!
In my opinion Shrop, that is just a little bit of envy and I don't think it is anything like jealousy.....but I have never really did any research on the difference between the two.
Thanks for bring it up, would be interesting to know the different.

Shrop, I would love to have a little diamond in my belly button. We should do it, why not?? I would never have been allowed to have a tattoo or piercing.....but I have three in each ear, but one ear is closing, I have to have them redone I think.

I would not like a tattoo as I hate needles and I would be a coward, but I have seen small descreet ones I like, as you described......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top