Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:03 PM

Commercials......

Horns peeping, yelling, screaming, bells ringing.......crashes, roaring noises, loud horrible singing, children screaming for more ice cream..........loud music......whistles blowing......

We suffer something terrible with our commercials. They are always quite a bit louder than the program itself....and they can startle you something terrible.

Is it like that in UK?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 12:10 AM

Re: Commercials......

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Horns peeping, yelling, screaming, bells ringing.......crashes, roaring noises, loud horrible singing, children screaming for more ice cream..........loud music......whistles blowing......

We suffer something terrible with our commercials. They are always quite a bit louder than the program itself....and they can startle you something terrible.

Is it like that in UK?
Yes it is It drives me nuts, I think I'm pretty good at hitting the 'mute' button but sometimes I might be a tad slow

How they think that these abortionate adverts will influence anyone with more than two brain cells is beyond me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 12:20 AM

I think most of us probably 'Mute' them, Blue.

Drive you nuts, don't they!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Actually some I quite like.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Actually some I quite like.

One of the very few I quite enjoy is that one with the blue skeleton man dancing, because he does it so well.
Haven't a clue what they are selling though . . . is it money supermarket?

I don't like all those ones about cruelty though. You know, the skeletal-like animal ones, and the babies with filthy drinking water etc.

I expect we will start getting all the Christmas ads next, all trying to out do each other.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

Is it like that in UK?
We always turn the sound off when they come on, we haven't the slightest bit of interest in them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:35 AM

There's one that has a smoke detector going off it scares the pants off my dogs every time it's on. Sounds very realistic and loud. It got so bad the other day I started muting the commercial breaks to stop them panicking. Can't help thinking they soot themselves in the foot making us turn them off
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:40 AM

I dont bother with most of them ,but some are amusing and some are downright aimed at thickos with amoeba brains..(no I dont want to f***ing BINGO) get that trash off my tv...
The charity begging ones that are into making you feel guilty I mute as soon as they come on,the animal ones I dont even watch and have been known to switch over just until its gone..some I like the music that accompanies them like a lot of the Apple or other technology ads..
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:45 AM

you got tht right aysa --- they treat the public as if we re all dim and living in the land of fairies ' I do like the xmas ones what will soon hit the screen to see who's got the best -still like john lewis adds...but usually I mute !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 12:03 PM

The one that really gets on my t*ts is; "I asked my dentist which is best? A manual toothbrush, or an electric one?"

My dentist said "Definitely an Electric one"

Of course he did you ignoramus....He'd rather sell you one that costs a king's ransom than a thirty bob manual toothbrush.....Durrrrrrrr!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top