Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:45 AM

Have You Ever Locked Yourself Out?

I bet many of us, at some point in our lives have been accidentally locked out of our house or car.
That awful feeling as you either shut the door or the wind blows it shut that you realise your your keys are inside the house.

The same with your car, unthinking or by accident you close your car door and you hear that dreaded click of the lock/central locking. You stare back into the car and there are your keys still in the ignition!

Has this ever happened to you, what did you do? Did you panic?
What did you have to do to access your house or car again?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:57 AM

Re: Have You Ever Locked Yourself Out?

Never done it with a car, didn't think that was possible.

House? yes, then used the hidden spare key.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:01 AM

I have only locked myself out x2,Art,each time,thank God!,an upstairs window was open,I asked my male neighbours at the time,if they had a ladder,they went up the ladder,through the window,down the stairs to let me in,..I am extremely cautious now,and always check to make sure I have my keys,if I go into the garden,I pull the door handle up,the locking mechanism stops the door from closing,a neighbour locked her self out here,not long ago,the lock smith was there for ages,trying to get her in,dread to think what that cost.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:06 AM

I have. Actually, my did it for me. I had left two in the car while I popped over to a neighbour to collect the third. The two in the car activated the central locking. That was around 1980.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Never done it with a car, didn't think that was possible.

House? yes, then used the hidden spare key.
d00d, Some year’s ago, somehow or other, l think the car door may have closed accidentally and my car keys were still in the ignition.

A men came along and used the thin plastic binding that is sometimes used for packaging. He bent the strip in half to form a loop. He then threaded it through the narrow gap in the car door, hooked it around the lock and pulled the locking button up. I was so relieved and thankful.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-11-2018, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have only locked myself out x2,Art,each time,thank God!,an upstairs window was open,I asked my male neighbours at the time,if they had a ladder,they went up the ladder,through the window,down the stairs to let me in,..I am extremely cautious now,and always check to make sure I have my keys,if I go into the garden,I pull the door handle up,the locking mechanism stops the door from closing,a neighbour locked her self out here,not long ago,the lock smith was there for ages,trying to get her in,dread to think what that cost.
Pauline, l am the same about checking that l have my key before pulling my front door to. If l go down to put something in my dustbin, l put the button up on the lock so that it doesn’t lock if the wind blows the door shut.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-11-2018, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I have. Actually, my did it for me. I had left two in the car while I popped over to a neighbour to collect the third. The two in the car activated the central locking. That was around 1980.
Besoeker, What happened then? Were the children old enough to be instructed to pull the door lock up, to unlock the car?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:23 AM

I ensure that I always have a spare key with me just in case.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-11-2018, 09:24 AM

What l would like to know, is it really possible to open a locked door with a bank card like they do in films?
Also, some seem to twiddle a piece of wire or something in the keyhole and unlock a locked door!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:33 AM

omg I never forget it ' we had been out on a sunday -got bck bout 6 no keys we tried everything - only option was the pane of glass in the conservatory and it wasnt small ' what a pain it was lol.. we had to lever it out from the seals and pull it forward enough for me to get thro 'i went in head first straight to the floor bruises I had on my legs and arms -

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top