Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 03:46 PM

Cigarette Cards

Someone, I think it may have been Sweetie, asked me what cigarette cards were. I think it was on a thread about charity shops.
I've been sorting through boxes...
Anyway, these are some I found in one, they're of film stars from the 1930's/40s . Each one has a bit about the actor on the back.
My Dad had a set of soldiers of the World which one of my sister's had.
Has anyone else got any?

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 04:22 PM

Re: Cigarette Cards

It was me Tess.
Lovely collection you have.
If I see any I will try and let you know.
How much are they?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Someone, I think it may have been Sweetie, asked me what cigarette cards were. I think it was on a thread about charity shops.
I've been sorting through boxes...
Anyway, these are some I found in one, they're of film stars from the 1930's/40s . Each one has a bit about the actor on the back.
My Dad had a set of soldiers of the World which one of my sister's had.
Has anyone else got any?

Erm..... Can't see your pics again Tessa.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Erm..... Can't see your pics again Tessa.
Can you see this?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0987.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	7780  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 05:12 PM

I have quite a few cards from when i was a lad loose sets and in display books. they are in the loft somewhere

got to get out the loose packs now

g
ot more to show yet
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Can you see this?
Yes ruthio. I can see that in thumbnail size.

Thank you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It was me Tess.
Lovely collection you have.
If I see any I will try and let you know.
How much are they?
I only paid a fiver for those Sweetie, I just thought they made a nice "picture". I've never heard of half of the actors but I love the vintage looks.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Realspeed, I love your cards, I have some old sheet music, one of my neighbours threw out a whole recycle bin full. I can't believe he threw it away! He used to play a lot and had a clear out. I scanned some to decoupage craft things with. I'll see if I have any photos, it is packed away from moving.

It's beautiful!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I only paid a fiver for those Sweetie, I just thought they made a nice "picture". I've never heard of half of the actors but I love the vintage looks.
We have a whole row of shops that I often browse Tess, I collect Victorian butter moulds. I will look for you. X
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-10-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We have a whole row of shops that I often browse Tess, I collect Victorian butter moulds. I will look for you. X
They're lovely too Sweetie, shame we don't seem to make such nice stuff these days

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top