Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 02:35 AM

William & Kate in Canada for a visit!

I've enjoyed watching some of the coverage of William & Kate as they are visiting here in Canada . I still think of him as a wee 'boy' and she is so pretty. Canadians are quite taken with the two of them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Re: William & Kate in Canada for a visit!

Originally Posted by ClaireMarie ->
I've enjoyed watching some of the coverage of William & Kate as they are visiting here in Canada . I still think of him as a wee 'boy' and she is so pretty. Canadians are quite taken with the two of them.
I haven't watched ClareMarie, but I am sure they will enjoy their visit to your beautiful and very friendly country. I think it was a good choice for one of their first official visits together.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by ClaireMarie ->
I've enjoyed watching some of the coverage of William & Kate as they are visiting here in Canada . I still think of him as a wee 'boyand she is so pretty. Canadians are quite taken with the two of them.
I do too ClaireMarie I think they are a lovely couple. My friend's son was at St. Andrews with them and says they were both friendly and unassuming. As such they should make good ambassadors for the country .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 10:43 AM

I am amazed at how much like Diana he is ..... the way he lowers his head slightly when he smiles, his eyes, his genuine friendliness when he chats to the public, his caring attitude ......... I think he will make a good king when the time comes.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 01:39 PM

I think it has been a good royal tour I am not one for watching the Royals and yet I would say I am a huge huge fan of the Queen I think she is a remarkable Monarch for the Country and I also like Prince Phillip.....a hard job I imagine.
I wonder if it is telling a sign of acceptance maybe that Catherine wore the Queens Maple Leaf Broch.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
I think it has been a good royal tour I am not one for watching the Royals and yet I would say I am a huge huge fan of the Queen I think she is a remarkable Monarch for the Country and I also like Prince Phillip.....a hard job I imagine.
I wonder if it is telling a sign of acceptance maybe that Catherine wore the Queens Maple Leaf Broch.
Kazz you are very observant
I would think that is significant and a sign of acceptance. Maybe also the Queen is doing her best to be more accepting of Catherine after the fiasco with Diana...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 10:45 AM

I like this gesture on the part of the Queen. I think the Canadians would notice this subtle sign and will regard it as a great compliment - a sign of the Queen's trust and approval of Catherine's future role with William as ambassadors for our country.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
I noticed Catherine also had a little red hat with a maple leaf on top She always looks at ease and happy, I guess she is in love and I can't say I blame her, Prince William is lovely
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Kazz you are very observant
I would think that is significant and a sign of acceptance. Maybe also the Queen is doing her best to be more accepting of Catherine after the fiasco with Diana...
Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I like this gesture on the part of the Queen. I think the Canadians would notice this subtle sign and will regard it as a great compliment - a sign of the Queen's trust and approval of Catherine's future role with William as ambassadors for our country.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
I noticed Catherine also had a little red hat with a maple leaf on top She always looks at ease and happy, I guess she is in love and I can't say I blame her, Prince William is lovely
I think she has had achance to decide if she wanted to marry into the Royal family, I don't think she had doubts about marrying William just the "package lifestyle" she will have. I really think Catherine will fit into the Royal family well - she has the trust and support of William and Harry it seems as well as the support of the younger generation.....of cousins. And the obvious support of the Queen and Prince Phillip which I imagine is vital.

The only thing I hope is that they resolve the "heir" issue before they have children as we have at the moment the luxury of two heirs .........Charles and William. So I think they should change the law of inheritance now and make it that a girl can succeed to the throne.;(and look how good the reigns of female monarchs have been, ElizabethI, Victoria, Elizabeth II)
And I predict that their daughter if they have one will be called Elizabeth. For Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mother) the Queen and also Catherine's middle name and that of her Mother.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-07-2011, 06:52 PM

...did anyone see the Prince and Princess cooing over the baby on Prince Edward Island I don't think we will have to wait long to hear a baby is due...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top