Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Halloween

Lots going on in my area.
I will be taking a look.
https://www.bournemouth.co.uk/whats-...in-bournemouth

What about you?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:37 PM

Re: Halloween

I've never been one for Halloween but I guess it's exciting for the little ones, getting dressed up and being spoiled with sweets.

What I don't like about this time of the year is the fireworks. They actually distress me and I know I'm not alone. I think they should be banned except for organised displays.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:38 PM

On halloween ive planned lighted pumpkins ghouls on the driveway entrance with light "glow" sticks hanging on the shrubs and battery operated pumpkin lights around the front door....more smaller mini pumpkins on the front door step...ive a large bowl of sweets and chocs for the trick or treaters.

Sadly I have had a hospital appointment crop up urgently for the same night at 6.10 so im going to miss the kiddies tricking...my son is taking over scary duties lol ....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've never been one for Halloween but I guess it's exciting for the little ones, getting dressed up and being spoiled with sweets.

What I don't like about this time of the year is the fireworks. They actually distress me and I know I'm not alone. I think they should be banned except for organised displays.
I love it Dreamy.
I agree on the organised displays, I have seen people hurt.
But fireworks are for Nov 5th, not Halloween.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-10-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
On halloween ive planned lighted pumpkins ghouls on the driveway entrance with light "glow" sticks hanging on the shrubs and battery operated pumpkin lights around the front door....more smaller mini pumpkins on the front door step...ive a large bowl of sweets and chocs for the trick or treaters.

Sadly I have had a hospital appointment crop up urgently for the same night at 6.10 so im going to miss the kiddies tricking...my son is taking over scary duties lol ....
Oh, I am sorry to read that Aysa. Are you able to take some pics??? Or I am sure your son will for you.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:44 PM

I shall try to get some pics if I can..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-10-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I shall try to get some pics if I can..
Don't worry too much Aysa. But it would be lovely if you can
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 08:05 PM

Sorry but we don't do Halloween, it might be different if we had children.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-10-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Sorry but we don't do Halloween, it might be different if we had children.
No need to apologize, Susie, it is not for everyone.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->

I agree with you about the fireworks Ffosse - my cats have been terrified most of this week by thoughtless idiots setting off rockets and bangers.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top