Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 08:47 AM

Stop the world I want to get off.

Keira Knightley reveals she's banned her daughter Edie from watching Cinderella and Little Mermaid because of the films' gender representations.

Gingerbread men being changed to Ginger ‘persons’ people need to get a grip.

I would call the world mental except I expect we should be using a gender neutral word.

Post your examples of PC nonsense.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Re: Stop the world I want to get off.

Ridiculous isn't it, Gracie loved dressing up as many of these iconic characters, she also enjoyed postman pat and fireman sam. Number of times we had to go to the firestation to see the engines ! at the age kids are when they love these stories they don't care if the characters are girls boys or aliens. Our boys had a moment in time they both wanted to be cinderella that was a colourful halloween I can tell you
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:41 AM

I read that the Students Union of Southampton university were considering painting over a Mural depicting many of the students who died fighting for our country and therefore were unable to finish their education. The reason they gave was that all the figures were white and they considered that an affront to other races that died.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
I read that the Students Union of Southampton university were considering painting over a Mural depicting many of the students who died fighting for our country and therefore were unable to finish their education. The reason they gave was that all the figures were white and they considered that an affront to other races that died.
Surely someone could just re-paint a few of the faces?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 12:54 PM

Just because a celebrity says they're doing something doesn't mean anyone else is. They just say these things to put themselves in the press.

I heard the painting of the students was only depicting males that is why one person, apparently, got offended and thought women should be in it. She had not realized it depicted actual students who had died and not been able to collect their degrees. They're portrayed at the age they would be now.

That's one of the problems with the media. One person says or does something and imediately folk think it's some huge movement to change things for us all.

It's best not to take any notice of things like that unless it affects you personally or you'll get stressed for no reason

It's probably distractions intended to take our focus away from important stuff "they" don't want us to notice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Keira Knightley reveals she's banned her daughter Edie from watching Cinderella and Little Mermaid because of the films' gender representations.

Gingerbread men being changed to Ginger ‘persons’ people need to get a grip.

I would call the world mental except I expect we should be using a gender neutral word.

Post your examples of PC nonsense.
I wonder if she would be happy if we banned the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise which she starred in, playing the damsel in distress?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just because a celebrity says they're doing something doesn't mean anyone else is. They just say these things to put themselved in the press.

I heard the painting of the students was only depicting males that is why one person, apparently, got offended and thought women should be in it. She had not realized it depicted actual students who had died and not been able to collect their degrees. They're portrayed at the age they would be now.

That's one of the problems with the media. One person says or does something and imediately folk think it's some huge movement to change things for us all.

It's best not to take any notice of things like that unless it affects you personally or you'll get stressed for no reason

It's probably distractions intended to take our focus away from important stuff "they" don't want us to notice.
well said
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Just because a celebrity says they're doing something doesn't mean anyone else is. They just say these things to put themselved in the press.

Yes and every year we get the stories about poppies being banned by various organisations without any truth to them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Thank you Sir dOOd, someone has to prevent mass hysteria!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:07 PM

Thank you Sir dOOd, someone has to prevent mass hysteria!
Nah ... let them get on with it. They love it really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top