Join for free
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 05:12 AM

Another "new" Top Gear

With the amiable and decidedly good Matt LeBlanc hanging up his racing helmet, Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff have been installed as two new presenters on BBC2's next series of Top Gear. A 'comedian' and a cricketer.

Are these two a good choice?
Are they petrolheads and do they know their cars?
Is the BBC so desperate to retain their flagship programme so much that any so-called "celebrity" will do?

I know Jeremy Clarkson had his faults but with Richard Hammond and James May at least there was a team which worked extremely well on TV.

Thoughts please...is this programme's engine in dire need of some new oil?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 06:47 AM

Re: Another "new" Top Gear

For what ever reason, the death of the petrol car has been announced by governments, so, it seems a bit silly to continue the same format, who ever is presenting, but at this stage of proceedings, it may be more pertinent to employ electric heads than petrol heads.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 07:40 AM

I'm not sure how many times you can watch yet another man child thrashing around yet another supercar? Personally you couldn't pay me enough...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 10:01 AM

I loved the JC, JM and RH team, so stopped watching when they left. I have no interest in new presenters, whoever they might be.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 10:07 AM

I don't see why they can't just call it something else then there will be no comparisons to past presenters. Didn't watch it when Joey took over as it all got a bit silly - even sillier than before.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 11:10 AM

Bit like flogging a dead horse without the original presenters, I have not watch the program since. As mentioned they worked well together and you won't find another team like them
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 05:24 PM

lets have some decent entertainment on the box bring back Clarkson and the team.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top