Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Adding a Little Sun

Just showing you what a big difference a bit of sunshine makes in a shot. Both are interesting yet quite unique.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:17 PM

Re: Adding a Little Sun

That's quite a difference, Bob ...... I prefer the first pic in the sunshine, it has a warm feeling about it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:28 PM

That's amazing Bob....sunshine does make a difference, even to buildings....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Yes it does make a big difference Bob, now I know why you photograph fella's are always going on about getting the right light, those shots are a good example.
Vista House is a well defined building and pleasing to the eye, although I know nothing about it's function I love it. Thanks for showing them Bob.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 11:25 PM

The difference is very distinctive isn't it , the stone looks a lovely warm honey colour in the first picture but cold and bleak in the second..
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 11:34 PM

The first shot was taken this morning about 5 minutes after the sun broke the horizon. Photographers refer this to "the golden hour" because the suns rays are at their weakest low in the horizon. Sunset is the second "golden hour"

Vista House is a tourist center on the very top of the highest point in the area. There are state employees that work there that will direct visitors to local scenic spots that include 7 waterfalls within 5 miles of Vista House. It has become a landmark stop for foreigners from around the world.

View of the Columbia River Gorge.

Rest stop photo along the gorge

anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Thats nice Bob, like water , but moving water opposed to Locks, still deep water draws me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Lovely, very peaceful looking, Bob...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top