Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 06:04 PM

DVD recorder hard drive which one ?

I recently received a brochure about the change from analogue to digital transmission and apparently my DVD recorder will no longer work after the changeover (I have already invested in a digital TV).

I can get a 'box' or a DVD recorder//hard drive. Having read the reviews of the latter on 'Which' I am no further forward, so many seem unreliable or very complicated but I will probably veer towars a Panasonic.

Has anyone bought a DVD recorder /hard drive recently which they can recommend
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 09:50 PM

Re: DVD recorder hard drive which one ?

I don't know enough about DVD recorders Meg except to advise you not to buy a Phillips. I bought one about two years ago and had to return it after six months, they replaced it (same model) a few months later the same thing happened, replaced again. The problem seems to be with the disc opening door, it keeps getting stuck and you can't get a disc in or out. I always had great faith in Phillips, but not anymore, the third recorder also fell by the wayside and I just gave up, now when I want to record anything worth taping I use the cable box recorder, but I prefer to have it on a disc so I can play it anywhere.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Thanks JF I will keep that in mind..
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Mags, I have a Panasonic DMR EX789 and find it great for recording, play back, pausing live TV and creating discs. Not cheap but worth the money IMO.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Mags, I have a Panasonic DMR EX789 and find it great for recording, play back, pausing live TV and creating discs. Not cheap but worth the money IMO.
Hi AB I will check it out thank you, I want one with a hard drive this time. It might be beyond my purse though..
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Meg, it is a DRM EX769EB not 789, sorry. It has a 160Gb hard drive.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Meg, it is a DRM EX769EB not 789, sorry. It has a 160Gb hard drive.
Thank you AB will add it to my list ...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 08:21 PM

Hi Meg-- I can also recommend Panasonic. We have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-XW380 which has a 250GB hard drive. It's HD+ so it will record and play in HD.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
Hi Meg-- I can also recommend Panasonic. We have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-XW380 which has a 250GB hard drive. It's HD+ so it will record and play in HD.
Hi Ruben I have had Panasonic goods in the past and found them reliable, will add this one to my list too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

16-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Anti that model is hard to get hold of now, they only have used ones on Amazon .

Ruben that model is a bit pricey for me .

I have gone for Humax PVR9300T 320GB Twin Tuner, PVR which was a 'Which' best buy but has mixed reviews.
It holds 200 hours of recordings. (£149.95 from Amazon )

I am cross that I have to replace equipment at all just because someone has decided we must all have digital instead of analogue in three weeks time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top