Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 08:12 AM

Relaxing Tuesday (on Wednesday )

Good morning everyone

It is 17 degrees here and rising, the sun is shining and Mother Natures creatures are sunning themselves on the lawn and in the firls by the farm, I fear that it may get to hot today but who cares we are going nowhere.

Plans, relax watching a workman carry out his trade doing some house repairs, lunch at some local establishment followed by an afternoon of ralaxing in the sun with a Mr Hennessy by my side and a good book.

Have a good day everyone and remember absent friends.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Re: Relaxing Tuesday (on Wednesday )

Is it still Tuesday in Cumbria AB , It's Wednesday in Worcestershire at least that is what my PC tells me, it's easy to lose track when one is retired

It's a lovely day here, sunny and not too warm and I am off to water the beans.

Have a lovely day everyone and keep safe..
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 11:04 AM

oops, Meg, I have to blame my nephew who I had just been talking to, he lives in Vancouver and he was saying what a rough Tuesday he's had(it was Tuesday there) and My senior moment mind must have thought it was Tusesday.

It is Wednesday here in Cumbria, I know the weather is nearly always different here than the rest of the Uk but the days are the same.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 11:29 AM

I know this must be a test of our mental acuity but I too believe it's Wednesday. It's barely 3:00 AM here so I might be daft. Good job AB, keep us on our toes. LOL

Nothing much happening here. Today marks the day of my last unemployment check. I'll be pulling in the old belt one more notch as that means a $400 a month drop in income for me. I'm officially old & retired now.

There's also just 3 weeks remaining from today that I depart on my grand adventure vacation. It won't be long now. Have a great day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
oops, Meg, I have to blame my nephew who I had just been talking to, he lives in Vancouver and he was saying what a rough Tuesday he's had(it was Tuesday there) and My senior moment mind must have thought it was Tusesday.

It is Wednesday here in Cumbria, I know the weather is nearly always different here than the rest of the Uk but the days are the same.
it happens to us all AB , I performed a bit of magic with the title so it will be our little secret

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I know this must be a test of our mental acuity but I too believe it's Wednesday. It's barely 3:00 AM here so I might be daft. Good job AB, keep us on our toes. LOL

Nothing much happening here. Today marks the day of my last unemployment check. I'll be pulling in the old belt one more notch as that means a $400 a month drop in income for me. I'm officially old & retired now.

There's also just 3 weeks remaining from today that I depart on my grand adventure vacation. It won't be long now. Have a great day all.
Bob regarding the employment check, many of us take a drop in income when we retire and its surprising how inventive one can become when faced with having to manage on less. I think I eat a healthier diet now.

How exciting the prospect of your grand adventure must be, how I wish I was coming with you , you must tell us all about it in detail and of course post lots of pictures...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 12:05 PM

AB - I hope you realize AB that we're not making fun of you. I'm the only one here who's purfect And never makes misteaks. LOL

Meg - My retirement and the income I will have is not a sudden development . I've been planning all this for nearly two years. I made sure that I have no bills, no credit card debt and a reserve of funds in the bank & stock market. It's not much but I don't need much.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 12:50 PM

Hello to everyone It's a glorious here in the SW, I've completed most of the chores for today, so may sit in the garden with my ipad and watch some tennis.

AB - be careful Mr Hennessy doesn't give you a headache whilst sitting in the sun!

Bob - are you entitled to any concessions now you are officially retired?
Not long now to your vacation, I too, am looking forward to hearing about your adventure and I'm sure your photos will be something special for us!

Meg - hope you gave your beans a good drink this morning, looks like they will need it today in the heat.

Have a great day everyone!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Meg - My retirement and the income I will have is not a sudden development . I've been planning all this for nearly two years. I made sure that I have no bills, no credit card debt and a reserve of funds in the bank & stock market. It's not much but I don't need much.
That sounds very prudent Bob I had hoped to do the same but didn't quite manage building the nest egg because of finishing work earlier than originaly anticipated
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg - hope you gave your beans a good drink this morning, looks like they will need it today in the heat.

Have a great day everyone!
Hi Mags yes I have.

The promised rain never quite arrives, we just get the odd spot, it seems to fall all around but not on my garden
Not to worry it's good exercise lugging cans of water about ..
bobmielke
Portland, OR

29-06-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That sounds very prudent Bob I had hoped to do the same but didn't quite manage building the nest egg because of finishing work earlier than originally anticipated
I had a bit of a setback toward my original goals as I needed
heavy dental work done at a cost of over $6,000 out of my pocket. I was blessed by a pension payoff because of company rules that instantly vested me because of my plant shutdown. That put an extra $10,000 in my pocket. My main focus now is to stay healthy as I have no medical insurance. My prescriptions cost me about $350 a month out of my pocket. Medicare/Medicaid doesn't kick in for three more years and our congress is thinking of pushing back the eligibility age to 67.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top