Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 01:31 PM

Do you get along with your siblings?

I have one sister. We are like chalk and cheese. She is the cheese. Apart from the connection of having had the same parents we are very little alike.

We have had arguments in the past as our personalities, views and lifestyles are very different. In recent years we have become more attached to each other and we meet every 2-3 months for a coffee and a chat. We are shortly to do this again today.

If you have/had brothers and sisters, do/did you get on with each other and are you of similar or opposing character?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 01:36 PM

Re: Do you get along with your siblings?

I have three younger sisters, I have more contact with the youngest by phone and e-mail than the other two. We rarely see each other in person, as we live so far apart. However one of them is dropping by for a couple of hours on Monday as they will be in our neck of the woods.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 01:44 PM

I have always got on well with my sister despite the fact that we live far apart now. We hardly keep in touch tbh but we would always be there for each other if required. I think we just understand each other totally and never judge.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Yes. I lost a brother when I was 18 but my other brother and I have a great relationship. In fact, I get along splendidly with all family members on both sides. Our family is awesome and I love them all.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

If you have/had brothers and sisters, do/did you get on with each other and are you of similar or opposing character?
I have always gotten along well with my brothers as we grew up together, but there was a gap between my sisters and I.
I have two brothers left, and one sister, that I haven't seen for 25 years....(and I don't particularly want to see her either)
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 03:44 PM

My one and only sibling was my brother who was seven years my senior. He died at the age of twenty one when i was fourteen. Believe it or not when i think of him, which is quite often, i see this young fresh faced man who never gets any older. Had he been alive today he would be eighty five. In answer to the initial question, yes we got on very well even with the age difference.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 03:48 PM

I had 6 brothers. One sadly deceased now. The remaining 5 brothers all live locally and thankfully we are all really close.
We were devastated to lose our lovely brother, he didn't drink or smoke, was very slim and fit, but as happens, had a sudden heart attack and was gone from our lives! closely followed by my lovely SIL a few weeks later. Sad times.
It has certainly brought us closer together and it's lovely to know that in this huge family (68 at the last count), none of us will ever feel alone - ever!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 04:08 PM

I have one brother and two sisters and we have always been a very close family.

Now one of my sister’s husband is a bit pervy. My daughters don’t like being in his company as he really stares at them in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.
He admits that he sits in the jacuzzi at the local swimming baths just to eye up the women at the baths. I am sure, he is harmless but...

About two years ago, in a bit of a tiff with my sister, l blurted out about her husband making my daughters feel uncomfortable in his company. Not a good move on my part, as they didn’t speak to me for 18 months!

A few months ago, it all seemed to have blown over and they started to talk to me again. One day recently, l saw them in Morrisons and they came over to speak to me. They were standing side by side and whilst my sister was talking to me, l glanced at her husband who was doing inappropriate things with his tongue at me! It was not my imagination, l know what he’s like!

I didn’t say anything as l value my relationship with my sister who will stick up for him every time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:07 PM

I haven't got any. My younger brother passed away a few years ago.
I was very close with him.
He was the reason I moved here.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:09 PM

I have an elder sister, we used to be quite close when i was younger, but we grew apart, even more so when she accused me of trying to cheat her on an inheritance

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top