Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Bad things happen to good people

I wonder why bad things happen to good people. I have a friend who is such a lovely person and is so helpful to everyone, but, it seems she has such bad luck. Things keep happened to her, that are not easy to understand......

Why do you think bad things happen to good people?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:52 PM

Re: Bad things happen to good people

I think bad things happen to many , no matter considered good or bad . Maybe the person's considered good are more liked and people notice it more .

Maybe some feel that those considered bad deserve bad things and we wish kindness on those who we feel are good .

It's a harsh world and nature can be cruel . Maybe if we were kinder to each other we could help those struggling to cope more with their pain or sadness
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Bad people often take advantage of good people.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Bad people often take advantage of good people.
I think it is the gullible, good or bad.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:28 PM

Things just happen .... to everyone.

I always think for anyone who says ..
Why did that happen to me?

Someone else somewhere in the world redresses the balance by saying ...
Thank God that wasn't me.

Until it's their turn. The roles are reversed.
Sooner or later everyone usually gets stuff dumped on them.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Yes Morticia I guess that's part of our life experience . My dearest friends 38 yr old son has only a few weeks left as has a brain tumour , we are all struggling at the mo. His mum , my friend V said when we heard " this happens to other people " . But this time bad came knocking on her door and it's scarey . Each moment I am appreciating life so far is being kind to my family , as I do my best to support V through her bad time .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:16 PM

Bad things happen to people whatever their personality, that is life.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Bad things happen to people whatever their personality, that is life.
So profound......
PamM
UK
PamM is female 

06-10-2018, 09:16 PM

I tend to go with the view that things happen in life and sometimes you are the winner and other times not but ....

I once worked with a woman who told me that she was exceptionally unlucky in life. Her first boyfriend had died in a road traffic accident, her second boyfriend had run off with her best friend and the next man in her life run off and left her with a lot of debt.

I remember trying to think of something comforting to say when a less than tactful colleague said "You might have more luck if you stayed single"!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I wonder why bad things happen to good people. I have a friend who is such a lovely person and is so helpful to everyone, but, it seems she has such bad luck. Things keep happened to her, that are not easy to understand......

Why do you think bad things happen to good people?
Bad things happen to bad people too. Bad things just happen. but bad and good it's just interpretation. Life happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top