Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 12:35 PM

Trolley Dash

If you won a trolley dash, for 5 minutes in a supermarket, what would you grab?
No booze or tobacco allowed

I would go for dishwasher tablets, washing liquid, conditioner and then on to dog and cat food then tinned human food and lastly toilet rolls and Haribo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Re: Trolley Dash

What a good question. Ideally, if I won a trolley dash in Sainsdreary's, I would drive to Waitrose and do it there; but if I had to stay in Sainsdreary's then I would go for.

Cat food (pouches)
Frozen Quorn meals (not too may though or they wouldn't fit in the freezer)
Coffee pods, jars and ground coffee.
Olive oil
Razors
Plus anything mildly interesting I saw along the way and maybe a couple of rolls for lunch.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:31 PM

Chicken breasts for the freezer, curry pastes in jars, Thai fragrant rice, rindless back bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, Quorn: pieces, nuggets and southern-fried style burgers, and bottles some decent whisky and gin.

That's me set up for the week.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:36 PM

Just all the full tills for me, please!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Just all the full tills for me, please!
Now why didn't I think of that.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:39 PM

My apprentice won that one on telly, then proceeded to come away with a pathetic near empty basket oof goodies.

As a reward i gave his lug a clip.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:41 PM

It would have to be meat, the most expensive items in most shopping. Can't see the point in grabbing things that are fairly cheap anyway..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-10-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It would have to be meat, the most expensive items in most shopping. Can't see the point in grabbing things that are fairly cheap anyway..
That's ok if you have a big freezer.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
My apprentice won that one on telly, then proceeded to come away with a pathetic near empty basket oof goodies.

As a reward i gave his lug a clip.
I could never understand that on Supermarket Sweep, even if you grabbed things you didn't want you could give it away or sell it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-10-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's ok if you have a big freezer.
I haven't even got many cupboards so any excess would have to go in the outhouse, so it would have to spider proof!
I sometimes leave non perishables in the boot if I don't have cupboard room.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top