Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:14 AM

Doctors Surgeries

I've just heard on the TV this morning, what they are thinking of doing at the Doctors.

They are going to get a group of people with the same symptons and treat you all together, so not to waste time in the Surgery.

I have never heard anything so ridiculous, they can't do that.

e.g. What happens if a group of people going in for Chest pains? How can they give you all the same tablets, one might be having a Heart attack, another may be have Wind, another Indigestion, you can't treat them all the same.

What is this Country coming to.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:16 AM

Re: Doctors Surgeries

How do they know what your symptoms are until they see you?

Are they planning on cross examining people as they arrive?

Whatever happened to 'Patient Confidentiality' ?

It's a crazy world!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I've just heard on the TV this morning, what they are thinking of doing at the Doctors.

They are going to get a group of people with the same symptons and treat you all together, so not to waste time in the Surgery.

e.g. What happens if a group of people going in for Chest pains? How can they give you all the same tablets, one might be having a Heart attack, another may be have Wind, another Indigestion, you can't treat them all the same.

What is this Country coming to.
Hi

I agree, it is madness.

Since my move I am now with one of these new super practices, they have 11 receptionists, it is weird and even urgent appointments take a week to get,
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:29 AM

Is this a wind-up? That is wind as in whined and not wind as in wind, I.E. blowing a gale. It is a ridiculous idea. Can you imagine a surgery full of people all suffering from flatulence? The doctor would have to be in the next room or wear a gas mask.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:50 AM

It is a logical proposition, 10 patients with Flu symptoms can't infect each other, they are all ready infected, the idea is not to be "Sneezed At".
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=susiejaeger;1537387]I've just heard on the TV this morning, what they are thinking of doing at the Doctors.

What is this Country coming to.[/QUOTE

It does appear to be a crazy idea.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Well, I can say from experience of the CFS "group" sessions I attended, three people were too tired to finish a five mile run which they did regularly, one was too tired to sort out clients appointments for her alternative therapy classes, another couldn't find a job, another hated looking after her mother, one man had been on every course for CFS and was now an expert, about three of us were actually tired for no reason except we had cronic fatigue.
It sounds like a waste of time to me!
I wouldn't want to be with other ill people anyway! My Fybromyalgia group is so depressing, everyone talking about symptoms.

I think if they invested money in playground equipment for oldies it would be better. Fun and distraction!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 09:08 AM

A bean counters decision methinks.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 09:13 AM

I can just imagine attending an, errr, um, impotence appointment, with all the guys trying not to look at each other !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 09:29 AM

I think the idea behind this is for those attending yearly clinics for chronic conditions like asthma/diabetes/heart conditions instead of having a separate appointment at the clinic there would be a 90min group appointment where everyone has a chance to join in and to discuss their condition more fully . It would provide the opportunity for people with a similar condition to give support to each other and to feel they are not alone with their condition.
It is not a substitute for the usual one-off apointments to discuss any health issues.
I attend a yearly asthma clinic and wouldn't mind a group appointment for this.

I also attend a yearly cardiac clinic where on occasion I have had to wait over 2 hours for my appointment and end up seeing a nurse or as happened last happened last time some strange doctor with poor English .
I would love a 90min group session with the cardiologist and fellow patients where symptoms and solutions can be discussed and compared.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top