Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:59 AM

Winter Squash

I am not sure if I have lived a sheltered life up here in the North East but I was gob smacked at the Winter Squash in Aldi at the weekend I ended up staring at the stuff for ages like it was some weird alien object, amazing the different varieties and how different they look.....do I need to get a life or maybe get out more?

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:04 AM

Re: Winter Squash

I’d say you’re probably average. I’ve only tried pumpkin, acorn, spaghetti and butternut squash and I really like them. They make great pies, soups and breads with the right recipe. One of my favourites is butternut squash soup.
It’s heavenly when made right.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’d say you’re probably average. I’ve only tried pumpkin, acorn, spaghetti and butternut squash and I really like them. They make great pies, soups and breads with the right recipe. One of my favourites is butternut squash soup.
It’s heavenly when made right.
I have had it from a tin but never home made, I think it was just the variety and different colours that surprised me
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I am not sure if I have lived a sheltered life up here in the North East but I was gob smacked at the Winter Squash in Aldi at the weekend I ended up staring at the stuff for ages like it was some weird alien object, amazing the different varieties and how different they look.....do I need to get a life or maybe get out more?

No thanks.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 12:14 PM

I have had it from a tin but never home made, I think it was just the variety and different colours that surprised me
From a tin can is NOT the same. You don’t get the fresh squash flavours that you get when its freshly made. Even baking an entire one in the oven with the skin on and all until cooked with just some butter, a bit of brown sugar and a touch of pumpkin pie spice is sooo good. You really ought to give it a try.

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No thanks.
Well I’m so glad to know you don’t like squash of any kind.
I’ve spent endless nights wondering whether you liked these or not so you can’t imagine how ecstatic I was once you posted your opinion on this. I can finally sleep once more so thank you much Tarantula. You’ve truly made my day.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 12:20 PM

Just going shopping soon, thanks for the warning, not my type of thing Colin.
The one time I agree with you sticking to peas.
Good for drawing still life though.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 12:23 PM

From a tin can is NOT the same. You don’t get the fresh squash flavours that you get when its freshly made. Even baking an entire one in the oven with the skin on and all until cooked with just some butter, a bit of brown sugar and a touch of pumpkin pie spice is sooo good. You really ought to give it a try.

Well I’m so glad to know you don’t like squash of any kind.
I’ve spent endless nights wondering whether you liked these or not so you can’t imagine how ecstatic I was once you posted your opinion on this. I can finally sleep once more so thank you much Tarantula. You’ve truly made my day.
Mega YAWN!
DWebb
North East, UK

04-10-2018, 12:39 PM

Bizarrely one of my fb feeds is full of them as well as it is a photo of the day thing and the subject is crops....how have I never seen these things for the past 56 years
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

04-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Mega YAWN!

Bizarrely one of my fb feeds is full of them as well as it is a photo of the day thing and the subject is crops....how have I never seen these things for the past 56 years
I don’t know?
Maybe cause you’re a guy?
You guys are good at walking around with blinders on

Lol
DWebb
North East, UK

04-10-2018, 01:06 PM

I don’t know?
Maybe cause you’re a guy?
You guys are good at walking around with blinders on

Lol
If I could recommend a squash to hit her with I would probably go for the Gourd

Hmm you have a fair point there

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top