Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2011, 05:52 PM

The Portland Rose Garden is Blooming

I'm so glad to finally see the Rose Test Garden is blooming once. It came in late this year because of the cold and wet Spring we had. There are hundreds of different varieties, including a lot of hybrids that only exist here.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Re: The Portland Rose Garden is Blooming

Beautiful, beautiful roses, Bob ...... I love the water droplets on the third one.

I bet the scent was overwhelming there.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Beautiful, beautiful roses, Bob ...... I love the water droplets on the third one.

I bet the scent was overwhelming there.
You have no idea how big that place is. There are three terraced levels, each the size of a football field. There are also flowering shrubs and trees surrounding the whole complex. It's like the Garden of Eden.

The water droplets are from real early morning dew. It was around 6AM, right after sunrise that I shot these. I was not alone. Other photographers were there, knowing the beauty of early light.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Once again Bob, stunning photography...many thanks for allowing us to share in your obvious delight....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
You have no idea how big that place is. There are three terraced levels, each the size of a football field. There are also flowering shrubs and trees surrounding the whole complex. It's like the Garden of Eden.

The water droplets are from real early morning dew. It was around 6AM, right after sunrise that I shot these. I was not alone. Other photographers were there, knowing the beauty of early light.
Thanks for the tip there, Bob ...... I must remember that it is better to take photos in the early light
bobmielke
Portland, OR

26-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks for the tip there, Bob ...... I must remember that it is better to take photos in the early light
Also take them in partial shade or when there's a light overcast sky. Direct sunlight is too harsh, too contrasty to get good saturated color in flowers.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

26-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Also take them in partial shade or when there's a light overcast sky. Direct sunlight is too harsh, too contrasty to get good saturated color in flowers.
Thanks Bob, much appreciated!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 01:44 PM

Please note, some posts have been deleted.
If you have any questions about the actions of a Moderator or the content of a thread please address them to Admin using the report post function or PM system.
Thank you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top