Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Harry's honeymoon at 'our' expence

Here we go again - a foreign visit dreamed up in order to give Harry & Meghan a honeymoon at 'our' expence

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/09/1...major-oversea/
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:40 PM

Re: Harry's honeymoon at 'our' expence

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Here we go again - a foreign visit dreamed up in order to give Harry & Meghan a honeymoon at 'our' expence

no not necessarily - the last time we had royal visitors to our shores local people were complaining bitterly as we had to foot the bill and I am sure the same will apply whichever commonwealth realm they visit.

but since you've started this thread about a modern 'love story' of our time I'd just like to utter a few more words -if I may UJ!

This in many ways is a magical fairy like love tale - the starry eyed prince who had tried several girlfriends before finally falling for someone who had been married before was more mature/older than he but was in many ways a 'stunner' [well at least for him!] I have no doubt in my mind that his and her attractions were mutual but what she got in excess was to become a princess - how could any young lady resist that, and from a fractured home at that.

so whilst she is older, more mature in many ways I would say, never the less she has scored a perfect prince. Her life at least for the immediate future is bedazzling - she now has servants to attend her - money is no object -almost - and Harry is IMO the perfect gentleman. Who knows how long this will last we can all attest to the unknown variables affecting relationships - our own relationships that started off starry eyed but with less money and grandeur but never the less the same passion only to be dashed on the ragged rocks of whatever.

I wish them all the best - they both deserve it and NO one can predict this life ; their life or our own! In many ways this has been a greater fairy tale romance than his fathers and his brothers - good on ya cobber - all the best from OZ!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:44 PM

I hope they have a nice time too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:48 PM

Meghan is not - and never will be a Princess, Gumbud.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Is that `expence` alluding to Mike Pence? Has he been sacked as Vice President?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

UJ - They have been INVITED by the Australian & New Zealand governments so presumable the host countries will foot the bill!
Personally I think they are good ambassadors for our country.
I don't understand why you would think otherwise?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
UJ - They have been INVITED by the Australian & New Zealand governments so presumable the host countries will foot the bill!
Personally I think they are good ambassadors for our country.
I don't understand why you would think otherwise?
UJ's idea of a royal honeymoon is for them to be taken into a dark cellar and shot like the Romanovs.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:54 PM

So ... they're off to Oz. What I want to know is can they keep them?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Meghan is not - and never will be a Princess, Gumbud.
ooeer - claws at the ready heh!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-09-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Is that `expence` alluding to Mike Pence? Has he been sacked as Vice President?
dick?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top