Canada`s Shame

W T F ! ! ! !

The good people of Canada must be mortified
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

22-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Re: Canada`s Shame

Why should Canada be ashamed. It happened, clean it up and get on.

I wish it had been as quiet and inoffensive as that at a few Hammers and Millwall encounters I have been to.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Typical pack mentality, mainly from people who really should know better. Appalling...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 06:09 PM

You get good and bad in everything - Canada's bound to have its fair share of idiots too - just like the rest of us have ours.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

23-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You get good and bad in everything - Canada's bound to have its fair share of idiots too - just like the rest of us have ours.
We certainly do, I saw on our local news tonight that it is almost 10 years since we had the terrible Burnley riots. The questions were being asked as to if we had all moved on from them.

At the time of the upheaval everyone jumped onto the racial tension bandwagon as being the root cause. Of course it was not, it was a drug turf war that escalated.

Previously I made a bit of a light hearted comment about it but I can tell you from personal experience that it was scary.
Of course we have moved on from them we have to or get swallowed up in further depression.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 06:54 PM

I think Canada is permitted the odd day of riots without feeling ashamed after all we have had plenty here from football hooligans to race riots and student protests.

I saw an item on the news about a couple kissing in the midst of the mayhem which accords with the old saying 'its an ill wind that blows nobody any good'

tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 08:49 AM

The Shame of Canada is the annuall killing of thousands of baby Seals just weeks old . bludgeoned or spiked to death. some even skinned alive .Canada should be ashamed
cdn guy
New Member!
Inuvik, Canada
cdn guy is male 

08-12-2011, 05:40 AM

As probably one of the only Canadians on this forum, you're darn right we were ashamed. But try to remember that Canadians are as impassioned by hockey as Europeans are impassioned by football. And to have the North American professional hockey supremacy be won year after year by a team from the U.S. (nearly 20 years now, I believe) and to be oh so close to finally winning it, emotions across the country were very high. When loss, disappointment and alcohol-saturated youth are mixed with these volatile emotions, all the ingredients are there for this type of thing to happen. I, personally, was shocked and had a very difficult time talking about the event with my friends who reside in Vancouver. But, when I saw the other 99.9% of Vancouver residents come out next day with mops, brooms, shovels, buckets and cleaning supplies and spend their day cleaning up the city, I found that talking about it became much easier.

cdn guy
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 12:26 PM

cdn guy..

I and a lot of people worldwide think the real shame of Canada is the annual killing/murder of thousands of baby seals.
That is the real shame of Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 08:01 PM

you know I had forgotten that, its dreadful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top