Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:28 AM

What makes you nervous/anxious?

As the title says, what makes you nervous or anxious?

I've just had to transfer some money online (two lots) and it always brings me out in a cold sweat when I have to do things like this.

By the time I'd finished my hands were sweating and shaking. I think I convince myself it'll go wrong for some reason, probably the pessimist in me showing

Another thing that makes me nervous is phoning someone I don't know. I hate doing it and I usually do it on a whim so I don't have time to think about it too much.

Aaaaand breathe
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:32 AM

Re: What makes you nervous/anxious?

Not a lot !

Am not too keen on 'man made heights' - tall buildings, ladders etc., - but am OK with natural ones, such as mountains.

That's about all.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Not nervous/anxious, but I find booking a flight online a bit stressful. At least it was the first 2 or 3 times I did it.

I have a fear of being timed out, a fear of being tricked into an extra charge for something and then forgetting some vital detail. It's irrational I know.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:01 AM

I suffer from health anxiety and always think the worst. I inherited this from my father, who in turn inherited it from his mother. However, unlike them I keep away from medics if I can possibly help it. I have a bad back at present, but there is nothing much that can be done about backs, so no point in troubling the doctor about it. I just have to grin and bear it. Give my husband his due, he is being helpful and doing the chores I am finding difficult at present. He came with me to the supermarket this morning to pack the bags and carry them to the car.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not a lot !

Am not too keen on 'man made heights' - tall buildings, ladders etc., - but am OK with natural ones, such as mountains.

That's about all.
I have a fear of heights and always get a bit nervous even getting in the loft but I've had to do it so many times in the last few years I think I've got used to it!

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Not nervous/anxious, but I find booking a flight online a bit stressful. At least it was the first 2 or 3 times I did it.

I have a fear of being timed out, a fear of being tricked into an extra charge for something and then forgetting some vital detail. It's irrational I know.
No, not irrational at all, doing this kind of stuff online can be scary, especially when it concerns payment of some kind.

I was just ordering some plants online and the confirmation page took yonks to load. I was panicking thinking the connection had dropped mid transaction. It hadn't, it was just me being impatient
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

I find booking flights stressful as well, checking the dates over and over again, I think it comes from the early days of flight booking when I mucked it up with British Airways and it ended up costing me money.

As for me it depends what mood I am in, some weeks everything stresses me, other weeks not much.

Phone calls stress me, meetings stress me most times and certain online situations have stressed me in the past.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:25 AM

I get anxious going to the dentists, hospitals, meeting new people, Taking somebody out for the day in the car and getting lost, taking an exam of any kind....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:26 AM

Making decisions .
It kills me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Classroom based courses which is due to a bully teacher when I was in school. Flying, starting new jobs, answering phones when i.m not confident about a job. I.m s very anxious person and I wish I wasn't
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I suffer from health anxiety and always think the worst. I inherited this from my father, who in turn inherited it from his mother. However, unlike them I keep away from medics if I can possibly help it. I have a bad back at present, but there is nothing much that can be done about backs, so no point in troubling the doctor about it. I just have to grin and bear it. Give my husband his due, he is being helpful and doing the chores I am finding difficult at present. He came with me to the supermarket this morning to pack the bags and carry them to the car.
Self help, Tara, self help!
Do those stretches regularly!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top