Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:25 PM

My latest toy

I bought this a few weeks ago but am only now using it as I had to get round to adjusting the bracelet.

Particularly I like the Meteo function: it uses the barometer and the watch hands to predict rain or fine weather; this is incredibly accurate. The watch is solar powered and has a titanium case and bracelet.

I'm mad - I've got 6 watches now. This one was £835 RRP but I got it for £760. I could have paid less and got it on the grey market but I wanted to purchase from an AD and have the card and warranty.

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:40 PM

Re: My latest toy

Are you sure you are not bipolar Ffosse? That is what we do, buy buy buy and not worry about the price as we like the very best....

I love it Ffosse, beautiful watch.....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:52 PM

I was diagnosed as bi-polar once but this seems to have been a mis-diagnosis as I don't ever get very up or very down. Even lately, I've been a bit gloomy but nothing even approaching the level of depression. Buying stuff, though, does give me a temporary high.

I think I'm addicted to Swiss watches, though, I have 3, my other 3 watches being much cheaper - this includes an Apple watch which I hardly use anymore.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Swiss is the top of line.....
I love the feature you have on there that shows the barometric pressure reading. I may have to look around for a ladies watch for me with that feature.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Lovely watch Dreamy.
Nice to have you posting again. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-09-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Swiss is the top of line.....
I love the feature you have on there that shows the barometric pressure reading. I may have to look around for a ladies watch for me with that feature.....
I don't think there are any. Tissot certainly doesn't make one. The watch is big but fits well on my skinny wrist.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:08 PM

Nice watch Ffosse.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-09-2018, 06:19 PM

Thanks. I like how it is touch screen and how the hands move very quickly from function to function. It makes the Apple Watch (which can do a lot more) seem bland and sterile next to it.

And it doesn't look expensive or blingy from a distance unlike a couple of other watches I own. I love those, too, though.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:31 PM

Well I guess I'm the odd man out here because I personally think £760 is an absolutely stupid amount of money to exchange for a watch, any watch, save one that is built from precious stones and metals.

There is literally no part of the watch that is worth that money. The functionality is lets be fair, basic stuff. I have owned a nautical themed digital watch for years which has both a barometer displaying pressure levels and a compass together with the basics of stopwatch facilities, countdown timer and multiple alarms. Solar power it isn't and I can accept that I would pay a little more for a tiny solar panel but not that much more. My watch cost less than £100.
It's water resitant to 100m but as with most watches of that nature that doesn't mean water proof. It stays dry underwater so long as you don't use the buttons. A common "feature" of most watches that claim underwater depth capability.

The other problem with watches of this kind of functionality is that they are HUGE. Your photo there hides the truth which is that the watch is about a foot deep !

Still, each to their own.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-09-2018, 06:34 PM

My Monaco cost £4k. £3958 to be precise.

The watch really isn't that big and, while expensive, you have to pay for quality. I wouldn't buy a watch that isn't Swiss anymore.

If that makes me a snob then I don't care.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top