Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:47 AM

Good Morning Saturday !

Good Morning everyone.

I am on Westie Watch again for a few days - Yipee!

Apart from that - I have four birthday cards to make - so will be happily, fun type, busy for most of the day. Have invested in a 'glue gun' - so those cats had better watch out!

Have a lovely day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday !

Good morning all and white rabbits on the first day of the meteorological autumn , why is it that summer is the shortest of the seasons?...

After our walk we will be bathing and combing out the dogs prior to clipping them tomorrow, so fun and games ahead because it isn't their favourite thing...

Have a good day everyone
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:59 AM

Good morning everyone

You made me laugh at the thought of your cats and the glue gun tabby....careful that gun could backfire and you will have little paw prints everywhere

Still laying the kitchen floor..hubby is fed up with it but it's grouting today so that's easy peasy...does my nails no good though

Having Stanley my little 8 month old Grandson.... to stay over tonight, looking forward to that.....have a good day all

Aye thanks for the reminder Barry....black and white rabbit's
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:22 AM

Good morning everybody.

I'm off to the gym this morning with my 13 year old granddaughter Taylor. It's junior gym day 11 - 12. I'll just do some light exercise whilst she does her stuff!

Later it's shopping & cleaning for Tony & me.

Have a good day all,
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:24 AM

Why do we say 'white rabbits' on the first of the month?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:27 AM

Morning all.

Sun is very bright here this morning, can't see what i'm typing.

Off to trawl the shops as usual on a Saturday.

Have a nice day all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:15 AM

Good morning all. Lovely morning this morning. stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why do we say 'white rabbits' on the first of the month?
I had never heard of this bit of silliness until a few years ago, but this is what I found....

"White rabbits, white rabbits' was written in the 'Notes and Queries' book from 1909. It reads "My two daughters are in the habit of saying 'Rabbits!' on the first day of each month. The word must be spoken aloud, and be the first word said in the month. It brings luck for that month. "

Also, "pinch punch, the first of the month"....

"It originates from Medieval times when people believed in witches. Salt was believed to make witches weak, so the pinch part of the saying is the pinching of the salt and the punch part was to banish the witch once she was weakened by the salt."

All completely bonkers of course.....
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:00 AM

Good morning all. Lovely sunny day. We are going to pick the rest of the bramley apples on our little tree today. I think there are about 8 left on it as the others have been gradually dropping off and most have had bugs in them in spite of being sprayed and a sticky band put round the trunk.
Enjoy your day.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-09-2018, 09:13 AM

Thank you, Barry. I new about the witchy one - but not the rabbits. It is fun finding out how these things start.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top