Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:23 AM

How Often Do You Use The Editing Option?

For myself? Constantly!

You think you’ve worded and typed something correctly. Then you post it and notice, you’ve spelt a word incorrectly, or your punctuation needs correcting, or it doesn’t flow properly, or you’ve remembered something else.

I am not sure, since the server changed, that the editing time may have been shortened?

For me, I think it would be awful not to have an ‘Editing’ option.
Do you use it a lot or maybe just now and again? Perhaps, it doesn’t bother you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Re: How Often Do You Use The Editing Option?

I use it all the time and the worse bit is the race to change something before someone reads it. You have to be quick.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I use it all the time and the worse bit is the race to change something before someone reads it. You have to be quick.
Yes, Longy. You have to do it quick before the words that you have edited it, kick in!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Likewise...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Yes quite a bit, as when I type something, half of the letters don't come out, whether there is something wrong with my keyboard or not, so I have to go back into it and type it again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-08-2018, 09:37 AM

When you’re editing, your action even comes up on the ‘Who’s Online’ Section!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes quite a bit, as when I type something, half of the letters don't come out, whether there is something wrong with my keyboard or not, so I have to go back into it and type it again.
Me too Susie. My keyboard is haunted (It's a well known fact) so sometimes it decides not to type capitals where they should be.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-08-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When you’re editing, your action even comes up on the ‘Who’s Online’ Section!
I didn't know that. Wow, the pressure is really on now.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 09:40 AM

I use it quite a bit. I often don't notice typos no matter how many times I preview a post. If the error is noticed after I've posted, I try to edit before it has been read.

Sometimes, I read a post a good few hours after I've made it and only then will I notice a word missing or some other error. That's annoying because it can't be edited by then. The mistake is there forever.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 10:08 AM

I couldn't live without the editing facility Arty....
Just like the previous posters, I don't notice anything wrong until I've gone ahead and posted it, and then it's a rush to change it before anyone notices and thinks I'm a knobhead......They've probably worked that out already!

And when posting a selection of photographs with comments, it's essential while you're bringing them in one at a time.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top