Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 06:24 PM

Do you enjoy "Change"?

I love change. I would move to another city in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Well, actually I am planning a move to another city but it is close by.

I embrace change very well.....how about you?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Re: Do you enjoy "Change"?

In my view, things can’t progress without change. They just stand still.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 07:30 PM

I think I'm a bit of both, as in don't mind change in some things and I don't mind change in others. I've never liked change as in starting new jobs yet I didn't mind a change as in selling my home and packing up to move abroad. In a job I never minded computer system changes whereas some colleagues were petrified of it but that probably comes from the fact I am pretty confident on computers. I think if I wasn't I wouldn't like that change either.

I have to say though, I don't like how the world is changing as a whole but I'm powerless to stop things moving on into the future. If I'm honest I wish things were still the same now as they were in the 70s.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 08:30 PM

Sometimes, it depends what it is. I like the Status Quo and accept change reluctantly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 08:48 PM

I like new adventures!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I love change. I would move to another city in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Well, actually I am planning a move to another city but it is close by.

I embrace change very well.....how about you?
As it happens, we plan to move up north. We want to be nearer the grandchildren and we will get more bang for our buck.

Do I like change? Depends. But not hugely as a rule. As a rule, I like the things I use a lot to kept in the same place. I know where to find a screwdriver, a pen, the dog's lead, etc. If they get moved I'm hopeless at finding them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:39 PM

There are so many things I still want to do with my life and hopefully that will become possible when I pay off my debts, leave night shifts in a couple of years time.
Change is extremely important and people who are set in their ways of routine are basically lazy or unadventurous.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There are so many things I still want to do with my life and hopefully that will become possible when I pay off my debts, leave night shifts in a couple of years time.
Change is extremely important and people who are set in their ways of routine are basically lazy or unadventurous.
Yes, change happens. Possibly at an accelerating rate. Many for the better but some not.

Leaps and bounds in the fields of technology and medicines. But it bypasses some and they can be disadvantaged. And computer/games can make people less sociable at a personal level.

But we have to accept and embrace it to advantage. We keep in touch with family much better than in the old pen and paper days, my dear wife gets new recipes to test on me, the guinea pig, mostly wonderful and healthy. She checks the nutritional merits.

We get groceries delivered and that saves us and twenty or thirty others making a car trip.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:08 PM

I don't like change for change's sake. Life has other ideas....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:37 PM

Change happens, some good, some bad, it's all part of the lives we live.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top