Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 12:34 PM

The Strange Mysteries Of Life!

Have you ever lost something and have never seen it again That it has just vanished!

Last weekend, l was stung by a horsefly on the back of my hand. I immediately took a antihistamine but by the morning my hand had almost doubled in size with the swelling going up my arm. I got an appointment at the doctors and l was put on antibiotics, bright yellow oblong ones.

Last night, l was at the worktop in my kitchen and went to pop out the last tablet out of the plastic and it just sort of flew out and disappeared! I heard it clatter somewhere, like onto the floor.
As it is important to finish the course, l started to search for it. I cleared the worktop, l swept the floor in every corner. I pulled out the freezer, l even looked in the dishwasher as it was slightly open. I took the long running board below my cupboards off in case it had flicked in the gap there. I almost ripped my kitchen apart and l still couldn't find it!

So where has it gone? How could a bright yellow oblong tablet just disappear? I have looked again today and l still can’t find it!

Has this ever happened to you, when things just disappear off the face of the earth, never to be seen again?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Re: The Strange Mysteries Of Life!

Excellent thread Art. Firstly I hope your hand gets better soon.

There are strange forces about.
They steal socks from washing machines for a start.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Yes,quite often,I usually find it though,and think to myself,how did it get over,under,that,so annoying.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Just after buying a Sabatier cutlery set I lost one of the forks - I have wasted hours looking for it .....

A pair of almost-new walking boots, which I'd put aside for winter weather, disappeared in the summer .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Just after buying a Sabatier cutlery set I lost one of the forks - I have wasted hours looking for it .....

A pair of almost-new walking boots, which I'd put aside for winter weather, disappeared in the summer .....
Perhaps they walked away Omah!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Having tried to find them in vain over many, many years, my marbles remain lost
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:31 PM

I am afraid many items in my house decide to 'leave home' some temporarily, others forever .

Only yesterday I found an old duvet had left along with a little plastic clip use to control the stopcock in the loo until such time I feel I can cope with having a strange man in my bathroom (a plumber) .

A blue Tshirt hid for a while than appeared in the place I had been searching.

Last year I knocked a tiny silver icing nozzle off the kitchen unit where it was drying . I moved appliances and searched every draw and crevice but it was never found, even when I bought another and that usually does the trick and prompts the offender to return.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:35 PM

I have over time worked out that to find something like that you need to look about ten metres from where it happened. Flying things tend to ricochet far more than expected. The weirdest thing is when you suddenly find something days later in one of the places you looked. it's like there really are gremlins.

I once lodged a police report to say my iphone was stolen. I thought it had been taken from the handbag in my shopping trolley which I'd left for hardly any time to get an item. The policewoman put down "lost" rather than "stolen". A shop worker and I even went through security footage.

Days later I saw a glint of something shiny in my car. The pesky thing had only fallen out of the bag and gone down the gap between the seat and the gearbox!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Perhaps they walked away Omah!
With someone else's feet in them .....

Over the years, several "insignificant" items (such as spoons, mugs, small pictures) have been missing after I've had work done on the house - presumably "trophies". Since the items were inexpensive and I had no proof of theft, I didn't bother chasing after them but I never employed that company/tradesman again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Forks and and dessert spoons in my case. I'm down to my last three spoons and half a dozen forks. Where the bloody 'ell are they?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top