Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Have You Put Your Heating On Yet?

After the recent hot weather, the last thing any of us thought of, was turning on our heating!
Now, the weather has changed and it is quite cold and l am tempted to put the heating on as l am frozen!

What about you, have you put your heating on yet or are you someone who rigidly sticks to ‘not until the beginning of October’?

(I know! But please don’t remind me that I said in a previous thread, that we should never moan about the weather!)
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Re: Have You Put Your Heating On Yet?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
After the recent hot weather, the last thing any of us thought of, was turning on our heating!
Now, the weather has changed and it is quite cold and l am tempted to put the heating on as l am frozen!

What about you, have you put your heating on yet or are you someone who rigidly sticks to ‘not until the beginning of October’?

(I know! But please don’t remind me that I said in a previous thread, that we should never moan about the weather!)
Put a coat on Art
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Hi

Yes, this morning, revelling in having gas for the first time in 11 years.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Just lit the stove, its baltic here
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:15 AM

I don't get it.
Why turn off the heating? It's on a thermostat, when the weather is hot it stays off. When it's cold it comes on.
Saves suddenly finding that it's on the blink when you need it most.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Oh yes! Some weeks ago! And we have to put the halogen heater on for the chi’s as they get cold very easily. And last night the 15tog went back on my bed!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:17 AM

No Art not yet, it is getting tempting. I will take the frost lock of my thermostat soon.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:18 AM

Good grief - No !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

We don't put ours on until October, and then only for a few hours a day, unless it is well below freezing.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Why suffer the cold? I like a nice moderate temperature.
Similar on holiday. I set the AC to about 25-28c. Why do some insist on running it at max for about 18c?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top