Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 09:55 PM

Do You Have Peace Of Mind?

To me, having ‘Peace Of Mind’ is very precious. Without it, l don’t think you can function properly or get proper sleep.

For most of the time, l have ‘peace of mind’ but now and again, usually something to do with my children, where l worry, l don’t.

Do you have ‘peace of mind’? If so, how do you achieve it?
If not, how does it affect you?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Re: Do You Have Peace Of Mind?

I never have peace of mind .
I wish I did know how to achieve it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:06 PM

Sometimes I seem to have it, everything goes well and nothing and no one upsets me. It's lovely when I feel that way. Then something as simple as reading a post on here can throw everything up in the air, I try to keep calm but it niggles away at me and before I know it I'm either mad or feeling miserable. Then sometimes it's something massive that happens at home and I can fret for days..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:17 PM

I have peace of mind when I am not trying to do too many things at once whilst worrying about what could go wrong. I've always had an active mind and learned to calm it in my twenties through concentrated effort.

The secret is to just get on with things and not try to put too many eggs in one basket or count your chickens before they are hatched. Live in the moment, enjoy the little things. Let go of toxic feelings and try to see life with a sense of humour. Doesn't always work but it's a good strategy.

At the moment I have a lot on my plate plus I am trying to plan ahead and that's a bad combination. You have to let something go or you end up ill like I am this week.

I used to do yoga and I must start again because that does bring peace of mind. By balancing your mental and physical energies it stops your mind racing. I had to stop last year because of a shoulder injury but I have no excuse as it's healed.

I think Mups can attest to the calming and healing benefits of yoga.

NB meditation did not much for me. I find gardening much more calming. Nothing like nature for soothing angst.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
To me, having ‘Peace Of Mind’ is very precious. Without it, l don’t think you can function properly or get proper sleep.

For most of the time, l have ‘peace of mind’ but now and again, usually something to do with my children, where l worry, l don’t.

Do you have ‘peace of mind’? If so, how do you achieve it?
If not, how does it affect you?
I had a couple of bad years mainly health wise. Cancer, cellulitis, shingles, hospitals............stuff. Stress but I came out the other side. My wife was/is a gem.

What gave me a lot of peace was my dog. We walked/walk a lot in quiet companionship. Out the front gate. I maybe tell him left or right and off we go. We may walk for an hour or more. Nothing more needs to be said. Hard to explain the bond and the mutual trust. But I think it pleases both.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:19 PM

I usually have peace of mind. But I had rather a nasty shock this evening, so I am still calming down. Life does throw challenges at you.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:22 PM

Peace of mind is coming to terms with events in your past, and allowing yourself the acceptance you made the best decision you could at the time.

I used to beat myself up over issues I thought I had a solution for. No one is a Superwoman all of the time. A person can't be responsible for other's reaction. Its taken me a long time to allow myself peace of mind, but patience paid off.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:22 PM

A piece of my mind won't allow total peace of mind
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A piece of my mind won't allow total peace of mind
Ooh feisty Floydy
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I usually have peace of mind. But I had rather a nasty shock this evening, so I am still calming down. Life does throw challenges at you.
Hoping you can work through it, Sweetie. Hugs xx

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top