Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:43 AM

Does It Hurt You If Someone Doesn’t Ring Or Text You Back?

Well? Does it hurt you, annoy you, or doesn’t it bother you if someone doesn’t ring or texts you back?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:00 AM

Re: Does It Hurt You If Someone Doesn’t Ring Or Text You Back?

If I leave a message asking someone to call me back, and they don't, I would assume they were busy & I can always call them another time.

Come to think of it, the people I chat to on the phone are either well mannered friends, who would call me back, or businesses, in which case I would call them and tell them how rude they had been!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well? Does it hurt you, annoy you, or doesn’t it bother you if someone doesn’t ring or texts you back?
No, I am aware that people text/ring me at inconvenient times (as I am climbing in the shower or sitting down to a meal that has taken ages to prepare) and I am not pleased about having to give a quick response.
I am sure the same thing applies when I contact people .
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:18 AM

I think it depends on the context.

I use mostly Facebook messenger and texting to communicate with people. If I leave a message or send a text for something important and I don't get a reply I will follow it up.

If I feel someone hasn't replied due to them not being bothered then I don't bother with them anymore.

Me and my friends have been known to leave stupid messages or inconsequential rubbish that, quite often, doesn't need a reply.

If it's a business/official matter then I usually e mail or phone and if I don't get a reply within a certain time frame I again follow it up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think it depends on the context.

I use mostly Facebook messenger and texting to communicate with people. If I leave a message or send a text for something important and I don't get a reply I will follow it up.

If I feel someone hasn't replied due to them not being bothered then I don't bother with them anymore.

Me and my friends have been known to leave stupid messages or inconsequential rubbish that, quite often, doesn't need a reply.

If it's a business/official matter then I usually e mail or phone and if I don't get a reply within a certain time frame I again follow it up.

Same here Nicol.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would never feel hurt if I wasn't phoned back that would be daft. I might be annoyed if it was an important call, and I needed a reply in a hurry.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:28 AM

I get annoyed when people don't ring back when they say the will, such as the doctor's or the power company etc. etc.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:58 AM

No, it doesn't bother me. If someone says they'll ring back I usually think "Aye Right" But I won't chase, as I won't ring them and if they miss out.....Their own fault..
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Been busy around here lately.

We have just put our property on the market. Lots of calls about that. And about the properties we have been viewing.

Then our dog got ill so a few trips to the vet.
And our shower broke yesterday.

On such matters I prefer people to contact me by email. That way there is a record of what was said or agreed. And I don't want to be called when I a fixing the shower or when the dog is having a blood sample taken.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:46 PM

It doesn't bother me at all.

The two friends I text the most are hopeless with texting. One of them told me 'I only got half your message' when she showed me her phone she didn't know you had to scroll down!! I make sure I only send her short messages now.

Another friend often deletes incoming texts by mistake and has to ask for them to be re sent. Her replies are one long garbled mix up without capital letters or full stops - they take some understanding.

If they don't reply to something I know it's not deliberate.

Phoning - I suppose I do get annoyed if somebody says they'll ring and they don't.

I don't really let it bother me though. I don't conduct my life with my phone as some folk do..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top