Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Stormy Sunday

Good morning to all from a sunny start in Sherwood. Storms are forecast for later so we're off to the forest with the puppy shortly before the tempest arrives!
Nothing much planned for the rest of today so I'll just try to wind down a little with the papers and a book....

Have a good day try to slow down a little...there's just too much rushing around in the world..

Barry

p.s. Happy holidays Merz, happy packing Eileen and happy puppy Aerolor...
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 07:52 AM

Re: Stormy Sunday

Wall to wall sunshine again, and a predicted temp of 28c today. So out shortly on the bike, before it gets too hot.

Then after lunch off to the garden centre to buy another new pump for the fountain. The one I got yesterday for a real bargain price is not big enough for the job.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Good morning everyone - lovely day here at the moment, but beginning to cloud over a bit. We collected Bonnie, the puppy, on Saturday. She is exploring and settling in quite nicely - not too bold, not shy - just about right. I think we are in for some fun
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 10:13 AM

Nice name Bonnie, have fun Aerolor. I am sure you'll let us know what she gets up to (when you have a spare moment!)
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Good morning all. Got myself a temperature converter to help me understand Celsius. We're supposed to be sunny & reach 22 C today. Very mild, very nice. It's church then lunch today.

Have a great day all.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 12:39 PM

I don't really understand Celsius either Bob. If they say it's in the 70s or 80s I know it's going to be a very warm day. If they tell me it's ??C I have to look it up. Raining here, shame really because today it is Open Farm Sunday in the UK where they open up farms for free. Got three of the grandkiddies here and so we're waiting for it to stop.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 12:47 PM

I just realize I'm in the minority here living in the States. I'd like to conform to the norm to make it easier for folks to understand the temperature here. I like it on this forum more than those based in the U.S. There are so many rude, arrogant people who make it difficult to enjoy each other.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Did a 24 mile ride this morning, very pleasant. Got the new pump for the fountain, all working again and lookin' gooood.

A very pleasant 32c at the mo.

Just starting to prepare the roast chicken dinner.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Hi PP, Angie, those to follow. No rain here. a pleasant sunny morning now at almost 11 am it's 27 C (81 F). Once again t'storms are predicted for afternoon and evening; so far they have all missed the City. We could definitely use a soft rain; everything is terribly dry. Another day of packing: we're on to china this afternoon. I did more paperbacks and another bag of discarded clothes earlier ... no end in sight!! Feels great to have the oxygen off!

Roast chicken, Rockrider, you do eat well; I'm on my way! Actually, I'm having shrimp creole tonight.

Re getting both Fahrenheit and Celsius, download the FREE weather app WeatherBug. Available for any area in USA and UK ... don't know about Spain or Central Europe ....
bobmielke
Portland, OR

12-06-2011, 04:24 PM

I just downloaded a converter utility. It's all I need. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top