Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 04:23 AM

Back Yard Family

I'm so thrilled to live in a place where my back yard is full of wild & free animals. This pair of geese returns here ever year to raise a family. The little goslings are so cute it hurts.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Re: Back Yard Family

What a lovely sight, one happy Family. Thanks Bob.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 07:45 PM

Lovely sight? I have been to Poole Park this week and the place is riddled with canadian geese, as I've mentioned here before. Goose poo everywhere you step! They pinch all the food we give to the ducks and swans, no sorry, the flipping seagulls are the worst thieves. Only today we were surrounded by 40 or so baby goslings ............ aah and then I changed my mind, so cute.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 07:58 PM

With me being an inner townie Mary, such sights are very rare, yes we have ducks and swans in the parks, but geese, never. The only time I see a goose is when it's on a plate at Christmas.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Oh dear Jim, well these ones are in a large victorian park. Nothing at all against geese, just the sheer number of them. I love foxes too but am not friends with Mr Fox who visits there at night. Got told today that he catches my favourite mallards. Now, what's wrong with a goose or two or three for supper then?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top