Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 10:56 PM

A Day At The Portland Zoo

I love going to the zoo. I've been there 30 times in the past couple of years but never tire of returning. Today was no exception. I photographed a lion and a few Lorikeet Parrots this trip. It varies on each visit. This is the first time I've captured a lioness by herself. Usually there are two that hang together. The parrots were playful as ever, giving school kids plenty to talk about at the end of their visit.

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 11:07 PM

Re: A Day At The Portland Zoo

The colours of the parrot are stunning Bob-so clear. The lioness looks quite at ease while having her photo taken.....you capture everything so well, never tire of looking at your photos....
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

08-06-2011, 11:39 PM

Your pictures are stunning Bob, you must have a lot of patience and combined with your undoubted skill it results in brilliant images.

Thanks for sharing them.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Your pictures are stunning Bob, you must have a lot of patience and combined with your undoubted skill it results in brilliant images.

Thanks for sharing them.
I must admit I have the ultimate in patience when it comes to getting the right shot. I waited about 10 minutes for that colorful parrot to finish preening itself to finally get the shot. The lioness was easy as she always stares at me because my camera beeps when it attains a focus lock. Thanks for the comments all.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 06:01 PM

Excellent photos the lion was lovely.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 06:52 PM

Another fine set of pix Bob, your camera skills are a credit to you....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top