Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 07:53 AM

Wednesday Wednesday...

Hi everyone on this glorious morning. Everything in the garden is blossoming and looking fresh after yesterday's showers; more forecast for today and boy do we need them....

Shopping in town this morning as Better Half instructs that I need new shoes, and there is no point arguing the point as many years of marriage has taught me that she is invariably correct!

Bacon and fried spuds for lunch, and strawberries will be available to all of you who want to call in for some.....

Have a good day out there and let's watch out for one another...

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 09:29 AM

Re: Wednesday Wednesday...

What a morning so far, lovely and sunny first thing, just been to pick my car up from the garage which was a lovely 45 minute walk in the sunshine, heading out to work now, and then out on the town tonight, all action packed.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 11:00 AM

It seems that at last we have some settled weather, the sun is out and it's a cloudless blue sky. Ironic really, there's Barry saying the UK needs the rain, yet here in the sub-tropics of Southern Spain our reservoirs are are literally overflowing.

Just back from a 33 km ride on the bike, cereals for lunch, then this afternoon is my own..............
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 11:39 AM

'morning Barry and everyone,

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Ironic really, there's Barry saying the UK needs the rain, yet here in the sub-tropics of Southern Spain our reservoirs are are literally overflowing.
Much the same here on the Eastern side too, we've had several thunder storms recently - quite usual for this time of year - and the rivers are on the high levels. I've switched off our irrigation system as the fruit and veg don't need it right now.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 12:08 PM

Good morning all. Our rivers, reservoirs & lakes are all above flood levels as the mountain snows are melting and flowing down to us. Only a 22% chance of light rain today before we hit a long dry patch of weather that should carry us through the weekend. Looks like beautiful weather ahead. Have a great day all & remember to smile today.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Good afternoon everyone. Hope all is well in your World. I've been sorting out and cleaning up the gear we will need for the puppy. Luckily we still have it all saved in the garage from previous dogs - crate, playpen, bedding, toys, bowls, collars, leads, brushes, newspaper, cardboard boxes, etc. We collect her on Saturday, and then - let the chaos commence.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 02:15 PM

Good Afternoon all, very heavy showers over here today. I am ahead of schedule on my work so I think I'll award myself a half day off and head for the pub as there is no peace here, the wife is having a 'Cinderella Morning', she has her two ugly Sisters in.. Think I'll take my brolly with me and I'll probably leave it in the pub as usual.
Have a good time while you can Folks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Hi, friends! Sunny and another delightfully unseasonable day: currently 28 C (82 F). and it's just a bit after 11 am! Nice! Still boxing books, also another box of things like checks, etc. that need to be shredded. Interesting visit to the Apple store yesterday for the new computer; posted a thread.

Jenfluz, enjoy the pub! Aerolor, I must have missed a post.....puppy?? What kind, when? Or am I just having a senior moment?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 05:27 PM

I don't think you have missed anything Eileen. We have been waiting for this pup since it was 3 weeks old. She is a golden retriever and is 8 weeks on Saturday and ready to collect. When my last flatcoated retriever died about 2 months ago, we said no more dogs, but its not the same when you are out walking on your own and I miss having a dog around the place - so here we go again with another puppy. Its a while since we had a puppy, so I have forgotten what it is like, although I know I will be quite busy until she is bigger and trained. If I ever learn to post photographs I will put some up.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 07:45 PM

Oh that's cool! One of our members on Catsey has gotten a pup' I had no idea what a hassle and job training them is! Good luck, and enjoy!

I can help with posting pics when and if ... PM me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top